Notices

emotional trainwrek !!!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

emotional trainwrek !!!

so this morning i was in such a great mood and now on the bus home i just got depressed.. is this what detox is like? i guess this is the point in the day when i wud begin to drink and not even know why.. that is not an option for me .. four days clean is the longest ive been in maybe the last two years... my emotions are all over the place.. of course i hoped right on to SR to reach out to others who feel the same... how is everyone else feeling today??
Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Commited2Change View Post
so this morning i was in such a great mood and now on the bus home i just got depressed.. is this what detox is like? i guess this is the point in the day when i wud begin to drink and not even know why.. that is not an option for me .. four days clean is the longest ive been in maybe the last two years... my emotions are all over the place.. of course i hoped right on to SR to reach out to others who feel the same... how is everyone else feeling today??
On day 4 here too. Things are slowly getting better but still have anxiety from time to time. You made it this far, you can keep going...don't give in!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm just here on SR... it's kind of dreary out...

Day 4 should be over the worst of it from my experience--do you have medical or other support?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks scott. just needed to hear im not alone..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
I'm just here on SR... it's kind of dreary out...

Day 4 should be over the worst of it from my experience--do you have medical or other support?
i dont wanna get on any medication to stablize me unless its extreme measures... im gonna push through and use this experience to make me stronger.. i will attend an AA meeting soon tho. i just need time
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I completed day 4 yesterday. to be honest i don't know how I made it through. Interestingly enough, i got the craving before I left work. Once I was at home I kind of knew I was going to be ok...maybe rent a movie and watch immediately to distract you (don't make it a bad movie though). that works for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, exactly the same here. Ok one minute, a mess the next. Hang in there.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel you C2C. Ur doing this thang though!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Each day gets a little easier definitely find something to occupy the time you would have been drinking.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is a bit of a roller coaster for everyone I think.
There's a ton of support here

Have you checked out the Class of January thread yet?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-13.html

D
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hypersensitive...not like I expected anything else. I just feel extra teary these days, can start crying just... for any reason...even if I'm not sad...
I also have some antidepressants around that my doctor gave me for my migraines (migraines, Ha!), but I decided not to take them unless I feel really REALLY messed up.
When you start feeling down... think about something positive! You know the cause of your emotional sensitivity right now, means you should be able to somewhat control it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

I'm sorry you're feeling down tonight. Hang in there! At least whatever you're feeling right now, you're feeling it SOBER. And that's all we can hang our hat on sometimes.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hi.

I remember the first time I got clean and sober (slow learner here) that I was like "I got sober for THIS?" so I could feel all those feelings that were all over the board..changing several times a day...or hour.

Well, yes, actually that IS one of the reason I got sober, because phobic avoidance of feelings was my greatest motivation to drink.

Then one day I realized that part of real life is feelings. And for me, part of recovery has been learning to live with them, laugh with them, cry with them, dance with them and build with them.

Looking back, I realize I had such a knee jerk reaction to feelings in general that as soon as I started feeling anything strongly, I tried to drown it. I had gotten to a point where i trusted NO feelings and thought that if I felt something, I must be doing something wrong.

I am not always comfortable with my feelings (or my wrinkles, or pouchy stomach) but I realize they aren't going to go away, and that they are normal, and that I can live my life with them, and others aren't NEARLY as obsessed with my feelings as I am.

whew!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

threshold !!! you have no idea how much that meant to me!!!

*sheds tear of hope*

thank you.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi C2C... I'm having a 'bipolar' day today... I'm not bipolar as far as I know but am going from really low to really hyper. I'm not sure which one I prefer!

Hopefully I haven't offended anyone with bipolar - it's just what I call it!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You can do it Committed2Change! The initial few days/week is tough. I see you live in NY and I live in VT so the weather can suck this time of year and it does have a big impact on me when I don't see the sun. At least it will be somewhat warmer. I found that being on SR and reading the various posts as well as absorbing as much as I can from recovery literature/books was really great for me. I also bought a recovery workbook I'm working from so that keeps me busy too. Sometimes I take it one day at a time and at other times I have to take things an hour at a time. Either way just don't drink or use! I find a lot of support and encouragement from hanging out on this website!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

i will attend an AA meeting soon tho. i just need time
It's my experience that relief comes when I walk into the AA room.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

its so true. i def uses every inch of my spare time on my phone checking out SR.. i truly am focused.. at 28 i consider myself one of the lucky ones and i HAVE to get it right this time...

its cloudy outside.. but theres sunshine in my heart.. #cornball. lol
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Still on the emotional roller-coaster with no signs of it stopping and I'm past day 50. Of course, I just found out I'm a few weeks pregnant so that's not helping. Lol. Keep going it gets better.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
Still on the emotional roller-coaster with no signs of it stopping and I'm past day 50. Of course, I just found out I'm a few weeks pregnant so that's not helping. Lol. Keep going it gets better.
awwwww!!!! today we celebrate life!! congrtulations !!!!!!!