Notices

Think I'm learning how to cope

Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Think I'm learning how to cope

I have been a miserable hot mess this week. I won't go into the whys because that doesn't even matter....I just have things I need to get through and with every day that passes I get further thru the woods so to speak. Anyway, the other day I started physically craving alcohol. UGH! So depressing and frustrating. Every time I get close to the 2 month mark, this happens. My AV starts SHOUTING. My usual ride to the meeting tonight was sick so she backed out. I knew I needed to go. No questions. All day I felt hateful, resentful. Mad at the government, the earth, you name it lol I could've taken a cab to the meeting but it's 2 miles away so I figured "Just freaking walk it, you need to let off some steam anyway". So I bundled up, cranked up itunes and carted my fanny to the meeting. And I physically felt better when I got there. Got rid of some nervous energy. Passed 3 liquor stores and in my head gave them all the finger haha In the past I wouldn't have fought thru this big craving. I'm still not happy but I am still sober. This recovery thing is quite a challenge but I would fear my progress was nil if things seemed to easy. Keepin on keepin on...I am determined to get to Saturday and get my 60 day coin. Hopefully these wicked emotions will subside as I continue to deal with them in a clear state.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow great work quit

D
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you...I just got back from a great meeting myself. Keep working it Quit!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Quit, good for you! It would have been very easy to skip the meeting or make a stop along the way so I think you are definitely moving forward! It is a struggle, but it's worth it. Pretty soon you won't be dealing with as much crap and each month it feels a little easier overall.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys And good to hear freefall...I hang on to the hope you all speak of when mine is dwindling!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't leave before the miracle happens...I didn't know what that meant....Now I do.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yup Sapling, my sponser always says that to me I am going to listen to you and to her as well as everyone else who has good recovery....so thankful for all of you!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you Quit...Looking forward to celebrating that 60 day mark with you. Listening has done wonders for me in this program.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I felt like that wen i passed the beer section in 7-11... For a moment i paused and then a flashback of the last time i drank popped in my head and i said " hell no!"
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Quit that is excellent....and you will make it to 60 days if you keep up the great work!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Walked a 4 mile round trip to remain focussed on your goal. Used up some energy, battled your demons on the way and stayed on the sober path.
That is dedication my friend, well done!