Notices

help

Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

42 Years old 2 grams of coke a day 15 beer just to function and pass out! Wife's addicted to Oxy and we have a 3 year old. I have two company's she has one money is coming in but killing us.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

You made this thread so you must be serious about quitting. So please keep posting. Rootin for ya.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i was doing almost exactly what you say with a 3yr old son, and one 6 months in the oven. that was almost 9 yrs ago. you can stop.

i did rehab, then AA.

how badly do you want to get clean?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi halfpastdead

I'm sorry for your situation but I'm glad you found us - you'll find a lot of support here.

If money is no problem is rehab an option perhaps, for one or both of you?
Sounds like you need some kind of circuit breaker here?

D
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow

Some one is out there I cried thank you. I'm reaching out i'm in hell. We have been scared to go to rehab, because they might take our daughter away so we continue this sick routine.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcohol and drug addiction is an illness of the mind. I'm close to 2 years sober and just realizing that. What your doing to yourself is self medicating, but I'm sure you know that. Using drugs and alcohol to undermine how you think and feel. Trust me. I know. I did it for years! It's an endless cycle, and your unsure or scared how to stop the repetition. It's a scary thought to think about stopping. But I can tell you it's worth it!
Also try not to look at this as a sign of weakness. Your far from weak. Just you posting this is a sign of he upmost strength. You may not see it right now, but you have he ability to change. It's in you. It may be hidden, but I promise you it's in there. You just need to draw it out. Easier said than done.. I know. I've been right where you are my friend as well as everyone in this forum. A lot of us here were a mirror image of you not so long ago. There is hope. I promise you that.

I won't sugar coat it. Getting sober is not an easy thing to do. But look around, it's very possible. You will need to muscle up the strength to set it in motion. Maybe start by talking to a doctor, or looking for a rehab. However you ohoose to do it, know it can be done. And I must say. The results are more satisfying than you could even imagine. It's so so so worth it!!

Stay strong, and don't be afraid to look for some support around here. We all related to one another around these parts

-Ryan
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Personally, I think there's more danger to you and your little girl if you do nothing, ya know?

Are you open to the idea of something like NA or some other recovery group then?

D
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfpastdead View Post
Some one is out there I cried thank you. I'm reaching out i'm in hell. We have been scared to go to rehab, because they might take our daughter away so we continue this sick routine.
One of the bad things that addiction does to us is puts our "wants" before others. We convince ourselves of that, and justify it too. Trust me, I didnt wanna hear this sh*t either when I first sobered up. It was me me me me, but the truth is the real healing happens once we realize its not just about "us". As the old saying goes, "You got to give it away to keep it". Again, something Im still learning as well.