Notices

watching my kids

Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

watching my kids

sometimes I sit and just watch my 6 and 8 year old (sometimes with a beer in my hand) and I watch how they enjoy life, explore life, etc. etc. and they don't need a drink.

I think back to the days when I never even knew about booze and I still had fun. I even think back to my high school days when I had drinks (they were so few and far in between at that time); but that I could spend a friday night really doing nothing and it felt just normal.

anyone else with kids that you makes you think about this. "hey, their doing just fine and they're not having booze"
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've thought of that too, halfvictory. We were once so joyful and enthusiastic about life without ever knowing about alcohol. Not sure why we ever decided alcohol was making our lives better. I remember enjoying the feeling of relaxation it gave me - but it sure ended up stealing all the happiness from my life. When you're numb & just going through the motions, nothing matters.

Let's hope we can all get back there again - to the days when we didn't need a substance to help us appreciate and enjoy our lives.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

Oh yes....I remember it vividly..... In fact my first taste of wine was so disgusting, I wondered how anyone would ever take a second sip. These days I try to see everything through a child's eyes. I want that freedom and innocence again....... and I'm getting there.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes I think about it a lot.