Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone...I just reached my 6 day sobriety today. I was curious about this web site and decided to give it a try. I have a wonderful husband that supports me, but I think the non stop talking about detoxing, insomnia and vitamin supplements is getting kind of old to him. I have been drinking for 6 years now and reached a point where I was tired of the sneaking bottles,night trips to the liquor store and thinking about alcohol 24 hours a day...I basically got tired of being a slave to a bottle. So, I bought some self help books,supplements and a fridge full of healthy foods I decided that New Year's Day would be my start day to a new life. So far so good (knock on wood). That's all for now...hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision and on Day 6. I think you will find this site most helpful. I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Mandy I can pretty much guarantee that we won't get bored of you talking about this stuff Any tips on self help books? Whatcha got? Well done on 6 days btw, that's an amazing achievement x
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome Mandy! I'm glad you found us.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Mandy! Sounds like you are stocked up for sobriety and have a lot of motivation. That is great. It can be difficult/uncomfortable at times, but it really is worth it to not have hangovers, anxiety, guilt, etc, etc, etc. Stay close and consider posting in the Class of January thread as well. I found it really helpful to get connected to people who were quitting the same time as me also.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to our recovery community!