Notices

any idea

Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

any idea

Hi everyone im jo i have children [grown up] and have been living with an alcoholic for 2 years. 6 weeks ago he went into rehab but got kicked out, then came home and started drinking again. I told him he would have to go as i cant do this any more. He went then text and said sorry. I phoned him to see if he was at his mums yet, but he said he didnt know where he was. I could hear traffic in the background and then he turned the phone of. I dont know whats happening to him and I dont know what to do or how to get through this, anyone got any idea's?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jo.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he is trying to make you feel bad for telling him that he has to leave. He is a grown man, and it is not your responsibility to go try to locate him. You can't save him from himself. He needs to reach his bottom and then decide that this isn't the life from him. Maybe, if he is really not sure where he is, having to help himself and not have you run to his rescue will be a wake up call for him. No matter what he decides, it is not your place to take action.

You might find it useful to go read around in the friends and family sections of SR, there is a lot of very useful information there for situations like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jodane

I'm sorry for your situation.
I know how hard it is to 'let someone go' especially if we care for them, but sometimes I think it's the right thing to do.

I'm glad my loved ones let me stand or fall - I may not be here today if people had kept bailling me out.

I hope your partner has enough sense to take care of himself, or at least keep safe - most of us do

If he's turned his phone off there's not a lot you can do, I don't think?

Try not to worry. I'm sure he'll ring you back when he wants to talk.

D