Notices

My Introduction

Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Introduction

I am slowly looking into this. I have dealt with addicts before in my line of work being a nurse. I have recently met a man that I am for some reason drawn to. He is 30+ days sober from a 10 year relationahip with Meth. He continues to drink and smoke cigs. He is unbelievely honest and very trusting. We have been talking for a while now and he told me that I am one of the first people in his life to ever help him think positively. I provide him with encouragement and advice. His parents are both recovered drugs addicts but still Alcoholics. Helped him to get into drugs in the first place. They still however dont make him feel worth anything. I want to know if there is any chance that if I keep up my positivity and encouragement that it will help him stay sober. I dont want to bring an addict into my life. I can handle an ex addict just not an addict. I just want someones opinion on what I am getting my self into if I did continue to keep this man part of my life. Please give me advice. I am very big hearted, strong, and knowlegdable. I am just looking for someones opinion one weather this is a good or bad choice.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

hey sweets,,, i think you are a lovey ,, but be careful here,,, sometimes peeps can latch on and its hard to get outta something if its getting too heavy,,, but who knows? this may be the best thing thats happened to both of you??
my advice,, being on end of both sides of this situation,,, just take it slow,, and keep careful eye ,,, good luck and i hope it all is ok for you too,,,, keep us posted,,, i too have a big heart,, but sometimes it gets abused,, so be careful,,, but also dont not use that big heart of yours,, this world can do with more like you hun,,,, lv cleo xxxx
ps ,, is he a patient of yours??
im an ex nurse too,,, we are angels arent we ?? lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 01-02-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: addtional info
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey stupidbutsweet,

I'm an addict, albeit an addict in recovery, and we tend to know how the minds of other addicts work. It is never a good idea for anyone in very early recovery to get involved in a relationship. At 30 days clean from meth but still drinking this guy is going to still be very emotionally and mentally raw, and if he decides to stop drinking aswell he is going to change rapidly. If I knew you personally I would tell you to get the hell out now. But I don't so I am just going to tell you to tread lightly, and don't expect much, if anything.

Natom.