Notices

Merry Christmas and my AH-HA moment!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas and my AH-HA moment!

WELL, I made it to my inlaw's house and actually had a decent time SOBER! But I did have a few ounces of wine (Reisling) poured for me and I, out of sheer curiosity, and a test for myself drank said ounces. My daughter commented on the fact that my chest turned red as fire, which was the start of the next few hours of an itching session, I do believe I almost scratched my right foot off...MAJOR allergic reaction, and my foot hurts from itching. I have been sober almost 90 days, and have been going back and forth with whether I can ever have even a drink again. It's safe to say after last night, I will not be even testing again, lest I go into anaphylactic shock. I actually smiled about all this, it made me happy to take that drink and to subsequently know that I can never without a doubt drink again. It actually brought me peace about the whole not drinking thing, weird I know!!

Has anyone else experienced this before? The allergic reaction? OR a sense of peace come over you about drinking like this. I am extremely happy I had this AH-HA moment!!

MErry CHristmas SR!! I honestly couldn't have gotten this far in my journey without you!!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For the record!! I am still itching!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you decided to take a drink, but I'm glad that you stopped.

I wouldn't assume that it's just an allergic reaction. It could be something else and talking to your dr might be a good idea.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Anna! I wanted to see if it still tasted good which it didn't, it was only a few ounces, we toasted, I drank it, immediately turned red in the chest and started itching. I know it was that, maybe it was subconcsious, who knows, all I know is, first off I was able to put it down and it's the first time since I decided not to drink I could really feel like I could live the rest of my life without ever drinking again.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if people read this and take it the wrong way. I actually thought on my way home, wow, now I don't ever have to wonder or think about it again. Then I started making plans and getting more and more excited about life, anyone who reads this can draw their own conclusions. I did NOT get drunk, I didn't like it, and I am finally excited about the future. I have NO idea what happened but that one small drink was enough to make me never wanna think about it again!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank too, Lola, but I'm glad it didn't lead to anything.
That kind of curiosity was always my downfall...

Not sure about the rash - I never had anything like that - as Anna said get yourself checked out if you're worried

D
Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not worried, the rash on my chest I always got the minute the alcohol touched my mouth, my daughter commented that if she has a drink it happens to her. I told her and everyone else that I had been sober for almost 3 mos and my daughter was excited as well, after the toast she took my glass, just in case she said, I honestly don't regret it, I should I know, but I don't, I am finally over a hump!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

PS: I am not wired like everyone else, plz don't test yourself if you are reading this and take a drink...I have always been an exception to most rules, or my subconcsious takes over and helps me out, who knows!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

congrats
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was SO worried about New years Eve, now I am planning a non alcoholic party for my friends, full of cheesy games and appetizers. I got a new fancy coffee maker, I am gonna make us some fancy coffee too!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good time, I know what a difficult time of year this is for you. Glad you are finished with alcohol for good.

Last edited by Pondlady; 12-25-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks PL!!! I was so unsure these last almost 3 months, wondering if I could really do it for good, now the uncertainty is gone! NOW, that I know for sure I am done, I need some professional help with my underlying issues, as I have many of them. I was invited to a ladies only AA meeting so I may hit that after the first of the year!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Lola,

First, I am so proud of you for being so strong this past week, I know how difficult it is for you. You have always been such a sense of support and inspiration for me since we started on this journey about the same time.

I am looking forward to many wonderful sober years for both of us. I hope you have stopped itching!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you sunshine Delilah!! This has been a rough week, but I didnt drink myself into a stupor and a few ounces of wine was no match for my will power and my physical rejection to it lol!! Here is to a rockin' sober 2013 for all of us!!