Notices

Ew, day two!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ew, day two!

I managed three weeks then got smashed on Thursday (oh dear!) ... I completely forgot how difficult the first few days sober had been. Anyway, what's done is done, but let me be a reminder to all newcomers to recovery; day two is dreadful (and it's only 7.45am!) and no amount of booze is worth the feeling!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder,Soberro.Good to see you back
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It only gets better my friend. Those first few days are the hardest of course, but once you get over that hump its all the worth it. I remember those first few days just like yesterday. When I was detoxing, I tried to feel that pain as much as I could. I wanted it BURNED in my brain, so I would always remember how absolutely horrible it was. Something I never want to have to go through again. Everyone is different on how they deal with it, but the truth is we all feel accomplished, and proud once we get through it. Rightly so was well.

I tip my hat too you for walking this path because in the end its so much better. No amount of alcohol ever gave me the accomplishment, happiness, and overall sense of relief that living with a sober mind does.

Stick in there my friend! It only gets better

-Ryan