Notices

If You Are Interested in Dreams

Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

If You Are Interested in Dreams

I know some people really like to evaluate dreams. I really don't, but this one has me thinking.

I have had a recurring dream where our house is leaking. I have had this dream for years. In this dream, there is just water all over, coming from the ceiling, the floor, the basement. It is always very unsettling and I never know where the water is coming from.

This week I had this dream once again, but this time I found the leak. As the dream ended I was 100% sure I found it and was preparing to fix it. It is hard to explain how relieving this was to me. It was awesome.

Almost startling for me to think about what a good analogy a leaky house is for my life. It really fits. Functional, but broken and leaking. Now that I have stopped drinking I can start to fix it.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I've always found dreams very interesting since I was a child. When I was about 8 years old I dreamt that my grandfather took me down to the beach in our town, but it was the 1950's. As we walked along the beach road I recognised certain things and structures that are still there today. So we kept going and right at the end of the road we walked into this restaurant run by some Greek people. My family are Greek and we owned a restaurant up the other end of the town. Now the weird thing was that I could recite in detail, the decor, the menus, the staff uniform, what the kitchen looked like, the area where it was and loads of other details.

I didn't think this was too weird but I told my mum who then asked my nan and grandad....who said there was a restaurant at the end of town but it was shut in the mid 50's...about 30 years before I was born. I had never seen photos of it or even knew it existed. Yet I had visited it with my grandad and had a lovely meal...in my head.

Natom.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Night owl

I've heard, and tend to agree from experience, that water in dreams represents emotions, the emotional life. I know I have various water themed dreams including huge waves, ice skating, etc. I don't always like it, but when I have those dreams I try to figure out what's going on with me emotionally.

Natom, I've had dreams about places I've never visited before, too, only to go there and find it matches. Weird!