Notices

todays feelings day 8, like a hangover

Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

todays feelings day 8, like a hangover

this week has been a roller coaster of emotions to say the least.
Some times the moods have changed in a matter of minutes and many hours I wished I could just run and hide in a corner and let life pass me by until this crap passes. Today is different, it feels like a hangover, not like when you wake up with one but how your day is with a big hangover......does that make sense? withdrawl ever seem like a hangover without the headache to anyone?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

All I remember for sure was that I was an unhappy camper on multiple levels both physical and mental. Slowly but surely the symptoms disappeared. Hang in there things get better
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was definitely a foggy time for me. It took all my concentration to get through the basics of the day. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Camperboy, I was sober for 12 days before I relapsed (now on Day 3 again). What I can't understand is that every morning I wake up with what feels like a hangover. A shocking headache and a foggy feeling in my head. It usually takes a few hours to pass and then I feel great. I read here that someone else had what felt like hangovers for the first month.

My rational for this is that it's my body getting rid of all the toxins. Don't know if this is true but there must be some explanation.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It was definitely a foggy time for me. It took all my concentration to get through the basics of the day. I hope you feel better soon.
I find it amazing that I remember very little of early sobriety other than it was a struggle every day. My brain was so foggy and thinking so distorted all I could do was work, IOP, and AA. The rest of the time I was on some other planet but when I looked back even a week ago I could see things were getting better
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks folks