Notices

Connecticut School Shootings

Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If anyone is thinking of killing someone, please seek help and please don't involve innocent people. If you're reading this, you already know that something is amiss. Please avail yourself of the help that's out there. YOU ARE NOT ALONE and the deck is not stacked against you. There are tons of people out there who care. Please let the love in... even if it's from complete strangers.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I just know how they look at me everytime we have a fire drill, lockdown, tornado drill, etc. There is always the unspoken question...the look in their eyes..."is this real?"

My own teenaged sons come to see me at school. Staff and faculty members spouses come for lunch, or to drop things off, etc. That teacher's son coming onto the campus would not have raised suspicion at first, right? I guess that is what upsets me the most. That no matter the planning, the security measures...no matter....

it's just surreal.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

We live in a broken world, filled with broken people. Some of those people are very broken.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Paradise on Earth is not forthcoming. Nor in the next life, I suspect. Sorry to break the news. This is as good as it gets. Or maybe I'm wrong and we will experience eternal bliss, but it sounds like a pipe dream to me. I don't mean to be depressing, just trying to be realistic.

Without mundanity, there would be nothing to compare peak moments to. If I were granted one wish, it would be eternal bliss for every living creature, even people who I feel have wronged me.

The next best choice would be that nothing ever existed at all. That would make things so much simpler. No brain, no pain. However, we don't have that option. We're here, and if we try to take ourselves out of an equation that we didn't sign up for, we end up hurting others. Quite the conundrum.

Guess we have to go on living.

What happened Fitz? Haven't heard you chime in for a while.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it does us best not to stray too far from the fact that some 27 people, mostly very young children, have lost their lives.

There's much to reflect on simply in the tragedy of that.

I personally hope there is a Promised Land - I reckon those kids deserve to be there.

D
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
We have routine lockdowns at our school too, but that doesn't guarantee safety. In this case, the perpetrator was a staff member's son. It is not unusual for families members to be at our school. How could it have been prevented? As I said on the other thread, there just are no words. Having a hard time wrapping my head around this tragedy.
I know, we had that conversation today as a staff.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it does us best not to stray too far from the fact that some 27 people, mostly very young children, have lost their lives.

There's much to reflect on simply in the tragedy of that.

I personally hope there is a Promised Land - I reckon those kids deserve to be there.

D
I'm sorry for going off the track. My heart goes out to the families of those innocent kids. I'm a sentimental old fool, so I'm crying right now.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

This seems to be as much about mental illness as it is about gun control. I find it astonishing that the mentally ill have such easy access to guns in America.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

No problem renaldo...this is a rough, sad day for a lot of us.

D
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
NAIOU

A prayer for all the people who lost there lives today.........As you are hurled into outer space may the angels help to lead the way. All the prayers that your families make shine upon your soul and keep you safe. All your friends that have passed away are there to greet you as you pass the gates and as you head into the tunnels light I hope it leads to eternal life. Amen
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Seriously, nothing changes if nothing changes.