Notices

My Introduction to the community

Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alive & Kicking

Smile My Introduction to the community

Hello All

My name is Sadie, I'm 22, will be 23 next month. Since I was 18, I've been struggling with heroin addiction, and have lost so much to it... family, friends, jobs, money, my freedom for an extended period of time, apartments etc.

I was lucky enough to get a lot of things back including a home and my family for example, and am finally just so sick of addiction and the lifestyle that accompanies it.

I've been clean from heroin and on medication assisted treatment with Methadone since September 2012, and have gotten to know a quite different ME.

---
I've had this account for a minute now, and finally racked up the courage to make a public introduction, in hopes of meeting individuals I can have some great conversations with, and hopefully develop a few mutually supportive relationships.

I'm a little red in the face now, but please introduce yourself and tell me a bit about yourself as well

Thank you

-Sadie
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sadie! You will certainly find support and people who "get it" here. Congrats on your time off of heroin. There are many ways to connect with people here through chat and the many different types of forums. So it's a great addition to anything else you're doing for your recovery. Hope to see you around more! Keep reading and keep posting!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sadie -

I'm also a recovering heroin / opiate addict. I went cold turkey this time but I have done the methadone thing before and either way you're taking steps to change your life for good and that is FANTASTIC. Heroin addiction is, IMO, one of the hardest to overcome because the detox is such hell. It takes a brave person to face that pain and come here for support. You can do it. I have 16 days today. Things are starting to look up. I lost a lot but not my life so as long as we're living we have a chance. Really glad you're here. Keep coming back!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR sadie
I'm an alcoholic - sober nearly 6 years - and I work here, lol

Check out our Class of December thread (also in this forum) for more folks just quitting this month

D