Notices

3rd dui

Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd dui

I'm 36 had my 3rd dui Sept 30. I need help. I need prayers. Thank god I have a family who believes in me but I don't believe in myself. I'm scared of Jail.. and I know it's coming. I just need some words of inspiration.. I want to be done with this.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation and I'm sure it's scary.

I'm not sure you can just 'be done with this', but I'm sure you will be glad when the legal part of this is over. Recovery is an ongoing journey.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it truly is...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day at a time. Will it be weekend jail? Maybe you can gather some good reading material now and make a plan to make good use of the time. If nothing else, you will be sober. Glad to hear your family is supportive - that will give you strength. One day at a time. When do you find out the dates and details?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you have family support. That's important in order to help you get through this. What are you doing to help yourself with recovery?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

im goin to meetings with my sister who has a year plus.. but i know i can't depend on her only... so I'm trying to be positive
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, there's lots of support here and we're here for you.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank u so much i wanna do this
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish you strength to make the changes needed.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

C&g

Strength and prayers are with you!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back CNGY

I think we can be done with it anytime we like - so long as we;re prepared for the job at hand and the effort.

There's a lot of support, both here and other places...throw everything you have at your problem and I'm sure you'll receive dividends back

best wishes for your legal stuff.

D
Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I appreciate it so much
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope you can at least get out on some work release program.

When I was in jail for my 3rd & 4th DUI's, they offered AA meetings at least once a week. I do have to admit it was probably a real wake up call for me spending time in jail because I did NOT drink for at least 2-3 years after the fact.

I wish you luck and please keep us posted.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Cutie! I needed a plan to help me stay sober. Have you looked into any particular program? AA is a good one. I used it to help me put my life in order. rational recovery worked best for me to stay sober.

SR is a wonderful place for support and education. I hope you'll stick around and join us!

Love from Lenina
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You can be free ....

One day at a time and a moment at a time.. Try not to stress and worry to much about it. I know its easier said then done. But everything will work out if you keep doing the next right thing..

I have 3 dui's on my record also. I was 38. I went in did 21 days in county jail. And really I made a lot more out of it than it was. I was able to be humbled really quick with all the people that were there for much worse and much longer..

Keep going to those meetings. And I will send prayers your way..

It will be just a part of your story, as long as you dont pick up again..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

when did u do that long
Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I went in Jan 5th 2011. And on the second day I was detoxing so badly I had DT's and at night I was hallucating so badly that durning this time I un knowingly was trying to kill myself by running head first into the cell wall.

So I woke up 2 days later in the ICU at the Cleveland Clinic.. And thankfully recovered there. And went home. And was re sentenced in Feb of 2011 and went back to finish the time..
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Inda - that is absolutely frightening. I have to admit the worse place to detox is sitting in a holding cell for 24 hours. Been there. Done that. Never AGAIN.

I'm so glad you're here after that experience
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes cat ,

Today I realize how I should of been scared. But I can tell you cunning , baffling, and powerful right. As they woke me up and the nurse told me what happened and how I was when I arrived to the hospital. All of which I dont recall it was like a blackout. And she told me they diagosed me with wet brain.

So thaimine (thank my hp) treatments worked and I came back. And the next day tranfered to a regular room. 2 more days there and then fully detoxed and sent home.
Well I really didnt even understand anything of what happened. So that very night i was at the bar with my double jager and tall beer, telling the story. Turns out one person I told became my co sponsor. He was 2 years sober and happened to be at the bar for something..

There are no coincidences ..

Thank you also I am so grateful to be here. And so glad your back also..
Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The legal consequences of drinking are scary. I have actually been on both sides of your story. I was a police officer for three years, and made DUI arrests. When I left the job to pursue another career, I got arrested for DUI. It was a terrible and very low point in my life. That was in 2008, and it took me over 4 years to finally decide that enough was enough. As a first time offender I was able to get into a diversion program, do some community service, take some classes, pay some fines and eventually get my record expunged. I didn't take the classes seriously because I told myself that "I don't have a problem." I have actually never admitted that I was drunk and driving until right now, here replying to your post. I told my friends and family (those that I even told) that I was wrongly arrested. My point is that the classes, sitting in the cell for 24 hours and the whole process of a DUI didn't make me change my ways. I am guessing that your first, and the subsequent DUIs, did little for you. But the fact that you are here now, knowing that it is time to make a change, means that you recognize that alcohol has had negative impacts on your life. I hope that admitting this to yourself will give you the strenght to work through this horrible disease moving forward. You broke the law, and there will be consequences. This sucks, and my heart goes out to you. I wish you didn't have to go through this and that it could just be over. Right now you just have to take what is coming to you, but use it to make changes in the future. Don't let the stresses of your legal problems be a stimulus for drinking. They were for me for a long time. Use them to your advantage. Stay strong, and best of luck to you. You will be in my (and our) thoughts.