Notices

Sleep Paralysis and screaming...

Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep Paralysis and screaming...

Just wondered if anyone has experienced sleep paralysis, especially while detoxing. It has happened to me a few times, but a while ago I had just quit and was sleeping next to my girlfriend. I came out of the paralysis screamin like a banshee and terrified her...
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah I had those too when I was detoxing. Used to dream that people were in my house but my body was frozen so I couldn't turn on the light or get up to defend myself. Horrible stuff. It was so real at the time. Often I'd be aware I was dreaming but I wouldn't be able to wake myself up. How long have you been off the booze? I'm just over 7 weeks and don't seem to have them anymore.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Opps... sorry must have put this in the wrong forum... Thanks for the reply! Like I said, I have had it before, but never woke up screaming and covered in sweat... Must have been the DT's. Welp. I'm 2 weeks in and I'm DONE this time! Finally decided not to do this alone...
Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to get it alot durin my drinking weekends. Really hellish and another good reason to stop.