# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always support here Paul.
Have a good sober weekend

D
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I do wish you luck but luck has very little to do with staying sober. Sobriety is about planning, action, and change. What is your plan to stay sober, what actions are you going to take and what changes are you going to make?

The same man/woman will drink again is a fact IMO.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

new

Originally Posted by SIPD View Post
First weekend of not drinking wish me luck folks, please send me your prayers and positive thoughts....I need it.....
Hi SIPD.... i'm new here too... 2 wks sober... the wkend is the hardest but i got through my 1st one last wk... i know they say 1 day at a time but it seems to be more condensed at the wkend... so just don't drink 1 hour at a time..! sending you lots of love and positive thoughts
Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good Morning all.....Well I made it through a very rough weekend and I now have 5 days sober....yesterday was very tough....I wanted to drink in the worst way and I was just absolutely miserable to be around....I could barely tolerate being around people but I needed to go out Christmas shopping which I actually had to leave the mall as I was really irritable and just needed to be away from all that....being at home was even harder as of course Sunday is football and well you all know how that goes....was one of my favorite past times.....god bless my girlfriend and the kids for putting up with me yesterday I was not all that much fun to be around....she is the only one that knows im trying to stay sober and is very supportive....her kids have no idea that I am trying to stay sober other than the fact that they didnt see me with a drink in my hand since last week....right now is tough because I dont go to meetings and other than my gf I really have no other support person to talk to about all this....I know without meetings or support im setting myself up for failure.....Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Paul! You're making great progress and each day will get better. I'm waking up to Day 3 and still have that poison lingering throughout my body but rest assured, you will be back in high spirits soon. When you get that temptation, but your shoes on and take a brisk walk around the block. The fresh air and exercise may help clear the nasty thoughts in your mind.

You have tons of support here and I'm rooting you on!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Paul - so good for you to get through the weekend. It's just so easy to just slip up and have that one drink (which leads to anther and another) and sooooo hard to stay away from that one drink. But you did it so far. Get whatever support you need and keep it up
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Paul - welcome to SR - I loved this idea from a girl at my AA meeting. She put a ticker on her desktop and when she had a craving she watched to ticker. Within 3 minutes she said it went away.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

still trying to get it right

I try every day. Some days are great some are bad. I love this sight. It's the only place that I don't feel like a complete idiot. Thanks all of you for being there for all of us.
Diana
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well it didnt last long....I hit the bottle again....I feel like such a failure today....Im sorry everyone....Feel like I just let everyone down again....im getting really good at this....
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is I think to recognise that drinking again is not the end...it's one battle not the war.

This is a marathon not a sprint...if we stumble we right ourselves and go on.

Thing about what you need to add what you've been doing Paul - what else do you need in order to stay sober permanently?

what changes do you need to make?

D