Notices

Nervous, going to rehab in the morning.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous, going to rehab in the morning.

I'm checking into rehab tomorrow, and as dumb as it sounds I know I'm gonna get drunk and high all night. I'm hoping that will be my last time, I just want to get that feeling one more time. I know it's stupid, but that's just my way of thinking.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR

Can you tell us some of the reasons that you are going to rehab, and why you want to stop?

Then perhaps think of these things tonight. Just be careful tonight, some people do die when they are doing their last fling. Keep that in mind please.

Keep us updated on your progress with rehab. We are here for you.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dont give up

dont give up on yourself if you feel thats what you gotta do than thats what you gotta do , good luck, i wish i had your will power , please go and start living a life you deserve, my prayers are with you ruben
Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi again Ruben,

Just wanted to tell you this about myself. I quit for 11 months beginning, 8/2/2011, know what I was doing on 8/1/2011? I found myself on my 5th beer at noontime, and goggled alcoholism. I found this site. I joined here that day. I talked to the people here all day on Aug 1st.

I had a relapse in July 2012, decided to quit drinking again. Posted this on Nov 13th, was still drinking then, quit on Nov 15th.

Please stay with us. If you are worried about rehab, I'm sure there are a lot of people here that you can talk to about that.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

You are not the only one to think like that, but if that's what you do, make sure you remember it. 3 Months from now, when you are thinking I wish I did it one more time.. you did!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tomorow you have the opportunaty to get this behind you. I had to do this on my own so I don't loose ruin my already shaky career. Please realize your luck and kick ass tomorow!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Good luck in rehab. Also, a last "hoorah" sounds dangerous, tempting as that might be. Even though you do have a pretty solid plan in place...some do not make it through to be able to come back. You are always rolling the dice and playing Russian roulette.

Be careful, my friend.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

I was just remembering something Dee had said about the last hoorah. Not exactly, but it was something like: 'the last horrah usually fails to deliver what is hoped for'
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best wishes for you in rehab and good for you for making that bold move. Please be careful and take good care of yourself. Check in when you get home and let us know how you're doing.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its not stupid to want to have one last fling at all...the rehab i went to 50% of people turned up at night half pissed on admission.

Enjoy rehab it can be a turning point for you, good luck:-)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck in rehab. Not sure if you have been sober already, if so detoxing in rehab doesn't sound like much fun. Hope you find great support.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best of luck tomorrow! Try and be excited about this opportunity instead of afraid. I bet you will settle in and feel better once you get there . Best of luck to you! Follow through with your plan...that is my best advice.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

welcome & best wishes..... let us know how u r doing!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

If I can talk you out of your last "hoorah" let me know what I can say to do that. If you DON'T do it you're going to have a hell of a lot better time the first few days you're there. You're going to feel like crap if you go all out the night before entering rehab. It'll be miserable. And what yeahgr8 said is true - except in my experience it was far more than 50%. I'd say a good 85% showed up absolutely hammered. A lot of them did things during admission that they were embarrassed about the entire time they were there.

I wish you all the best in rehab and you'll meet a lot of great people there. Surround yourself with people who WANT to get better and who will support you. Not everyone there is there by choice and the only thing they'll want to do is get out of there and use. Try to find the people who are there to get healthy. Good luck!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. I got 2 DUI, 3 assault on a cop, mip, 3 resisting arrest plus some other things. Showed up to work drunk and high plenty of times. Seems like everybody always lets me get away with everything. In just ready for a change.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm still with you Ruben.

Glad to see you want to change your life around

How are you doing?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

I'll be thinking of you, Ruben.

Best to you in the days to come. You can turn it around and live a sober/happier life.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I can relate. I'm looking at rehab and never drinking again when I finish the temporary job I'm working. I don't know if I can do it. It scares me to death. It's like separating from a long term lover. Only most loves don't last 25 years.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Ruben.

Its not stupid to want to have one last fling at all...
well, it's common...it's not a genius idea tho.

I had many last hurrahs - over and over again - and most times felt so bad after that I kept on drinking....

Manys the night a last hurrah felt like a great idea...but it never ever seemed that way the next morning.

D
Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

My advice (not that you asked for it) is to look forward.

When I kept the "I'll never feel that again, I'll never taste that again..." sort of thinking, I kept relapsing. Until I began to look forward to all the things I would have sober, live sober, feel sober, experience sober...that longing drew me back. That thought of having one more time for old times sake.

I had to immerse myself in new time, in the now. Because before i did that, I'd look back, see how far away that old familiar shore was, panic and swim back to it. I failed to see the new land that was ahead of me if I'd just kept swimming a little longer.