Notices

Day 4...ouch

Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nov.23, 2012

Day 4...ouch

Well it's the end of day 4...and it's tough going. I decided to stop on Friday morning and made it through the weekend. Today at work around 5pm I started feeling shaky...normally this is the time when I would start thinking...in about an hour when I get home, I will start drinking...driving home past the places I would normally stop to pick up the three beer I would chug in the garage so nobody knew..before having a bottle of wine with dinner...not today, but man, it's hurting. I think a big part of this problem for me was the daily routine...stressful day at work - every day at work...come home and drink. Like trying to give up coffee in the morning, it is a very engrained routine over many years. I am actually salivating at the thought of having a beer...I need to go distract myself for the evening. Rough evening but I will not drink...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pavlovs dog or the beasts dog?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally can relate! Same here, difficult day at work, let's pound a few back.

As soon as I get home now I workout right away, and really hard untill I'm exhausted.
Then I have a hudge dinner, the ones that make you kind of sleeppy because you are too full. Then it's Chamomile tea. Usually 3-4 doubles during the evening before bed time.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Oh man, I remember day 4. Worst day for me. Keep going, I know it's tough, but the cravings will slowly subside and you won't wake up with a hangover tomorrow morning. The longer you go without it, the better you will feel. Best wishes to you.

Dom
Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

It does take time to change those habits. I used to keep a small container hidden under my desk....at work! The first few days after I quit, without even thinking about it, I would reach down to get it before realizing it wasn't there anymore and I quit. Two weeks later, I don't even think about it anymore.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nov.23, 2012

Feeling like a Pavlovian dog for sure, too funny I was actually thinking exactly that on the way home but it is the beast talking for sure...not me cause I do not want to wake up in the morning with the guilt and disappointment if I give up already.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

That day 3-4 was always the day I cracked. It seemed to get much easier once I got beyond that point. Hope it does for you as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Those early days are rough. What you're feeling is normal - though that's little comfort, I'm sure. It will get better as you go along - you're doing great.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a very stressful day at work today. I was glad it was Monday because my gym has. Yoga from 6-7:30 on Monday and Wednesday, it is done in the dark with only candles up front (don't think they are real)

Exercise has kept me sane and sober!