Notices

Newbie!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Newbie!

Hey all.....I'm super new here and looking for some support and advise. I have only been in outpatient detox for 2 days now, but feeling the signs of stress, fatigue, my guts feel like they are going to explode, and my emotions are all over the place. I'm hoping it gets better from here, I know they say it does. Fingers crossed they are all right....
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem Genki - there's a ton of support here

and yes it gets better - not many of us would here if it didn't

try to take it a day at a time for a while?

D
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done Genki! I know the exploding gut feeling. My digestion was driven by alcohol. It's taken quite a while to get back regular.

Keep at it & join us in the class of November thread.

S x
Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Welcome to the forums Genki,

Good luck for the rest of your outpatient program. You're right it does get better. The only reason you feel crappy now is because physically and mentally you are going through a lot of changes. I don't know what you were using but seeing as you are in a detox for it I am assuming it is either alcohol or another 'hard' drug. I'm sure one of the treatment staff would be able to give you an idea of when the physical stuff will stop.

As for the mental stuff, you are in a whirlwind of it now. They subside over time and recovery is actually an awesome way to live once you get over the detox hump. Good luck!

Natom.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well done too genki,, it does get better hun,, it really does,, you just need to ride out this stage,, then the clarity of your self will come flooding back day by day,, its wonderful, keep it up ,, x lv cleo xxx
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

welcome, keep the faith and keep posting! good luck!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome and good for you for going to outpatient. It is exhausting I know.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to S.R, you'll get loads of support, advice and make some new friends here too.

Yes, it does get better, just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time sometimes, baby steps all the way. Be kind to yourself, eat as well as you are able, drink as much water as you can to re-hydrate, rest when you're tired and read and post here as much as you can. The more support the better.

You can do this, you are not alone and a better life is yours for the taking, so go for it!! Join the '30 days and under group' and the 'class of November', you'll meet people there who are just at the same stage as you.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.