Notices

Help Please

Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Please

Hi guys - new to this forum....you know the drill - been through rehab 4 times...hitting it hard again, need help. I know my family won't help this time though...i was warned, if it happens again I am dead to them.. What do I do?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First, congratulations on deciding to become sober again. Be strong, continue on your journey to becoming sober and prove to your family you CAN do this. We are here for you, please check in when the urge hits and we will always be here for you.
Welcome to the family!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...Here's an honest question for you....Do you really want to quit?...Are you done yet?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What would you have us say? It sounds like they are saying that unless you figure out a way of stopping doing whatever you're doing (you don't say what this is) then this will end their relationship with you. Is it drinking and/or drugging? If so, I'm sure you know how to go about getting into recovery. You've been to rehab four times. Why haven't you got the message by this time? There are various ways to go about it. AA is not the only way but to many folks it's worth a try. There are other programs, other ways. You can get lots of support here on this SR website. You can get counseling and medical help, I assume, where you are. It's all up to you. Good luck. Every good wish to you.

W.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You must change for you! Do you want to change? I know for myself, i had to hit my bottom. For some people the bottom keeps dropping...you must want this! God has a life and a plan for you either way. Choose the path with promise bc with just alcohol we have nothing.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

What happened or didn't happen in rehab that NEEDED to happen?

What can you do differently this time?

Are you stopping because you are DONE, or so that you won't lose contact with your family?

Why did you start again after the previous four rehabs?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awe, sorry about your family....Welcome to SR, it's a great support and resource! Good luck!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel any better my family is unsupportive whether I am sober or drinking......sigh....