Notices

Accepting that I need help

Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Accepting that I need help

Hey all. I haven't been around for a few months but i have been sober since June 2012. I started going to AA after my last slip (well, series of slips) as I was not able to stay sober by myself. I am now going to regular meetings - at least once a week. I probably need to go more. And I just got a sponsor.

But yesterday I had a bad day. Called my sponsor and we talked about how actions are more important than feelings. How if I act more positively I will eventually start feeling better. She suggested I start being nicer to my
husband. And I did. But then he said one tiny thing and I went into a rampage. Stalked off and when I got home went into a full meltdown. I stormed out of the office and walked to a bar. I was too afraid to go in so I just went home.

He suggested I call sponsor and I eventually did call someone - not sponsor. Why I am so afraid to talk to people? Anyway I eventually went to bed. Did not drink.

Today I am trying to be kind to myself. Okay, long post to just say that I need to accept that I cannot do this by myself. So... I will be working on:
Calling sponsor when I need to - or even before I need to.
Getting on these boards - daily.
Doing my readings and gratitude list, per sponsor's direction.
Reaching out to other people.

Hope everyone can just get through today. That's all we can do.

Version2
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for not taking a drink! Life and people can be very annoying at times.