Notices

ups and downs

Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ups and downs

I am very close to 120 days sober...it was really hard for the first month then I had some excellent days but had one beer (former wine drinker) a few days ago and I feel so down and depressed..physically and emotionally...i will not do that again but i'm wondering can that ONE beer cause such an avalanche of emotional/physical feelings again..almost like detox symptoms?? I really pretty miserable..I thought I had made such strides and now seem to be struggling again.:
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Give it some time and sobriety and you'll feel good as new sooner than you think myoldself.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Put it behind you and move on Myoldself.

I know when I was trying to cut down before I quit drinking that a tiny amount of alcohol had a ridiculous effect on me. It really made me abandon any thoughts of moderate drinking! Keep moving forward x
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myoldself View Post
I am very close to 120 days sober...it was really hard for the first month then I had some excellent days but had one beer (former wine drinker) a few days ago and I feel so down and depressed..physically and emotionally...i will not do that again but i'm wondering can that ONE beer cause such an avalanche of emotional/physical feelings again..almost like detox symptoms?? I really pretty miserable..I thought I had made such strides and now seem to be struggling again.:

I can remember getting four months sober and drinking again.

Feeling badly after drinking is natural after we promised ourselves something different.

Failure.

Mixed with confusion, as I wanted to drink. I must have if I drank again, right?

I don't know...if you follow the AA program, as I am trying to do....it's only a matter of time not drinking before we take that drink again.

Something needs to happen much larger than just not drinking.

We have to find a way to be happy not drinking, so that we don't need to take a drink.

The drink loses its appeal. We know we must never drink. We know we can never safely drink.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

If you hang on to all the grief and shame you are feeling from drinking that one beer then there's a chance it can bring all your old feelings back....but only if you let it. Just accept the fact it happened. Have a look at why, write it down, write down your feelings around it and then move on.

Natom.