Notices

Day 4, terrible night and anxiety:(

Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4, terrible night and anxiety:(

Day 4 today, I felt really terrible last night and freaked out when I went to bed. I was so tempted to have a beer to calm myself down, had a sip and felt extremly guilty so I didnt drink it. My head is hurting and Ive got a bad cold, I think its my sinus and all night I have had major anxiety. I woke up maybe 10 times, shaking and felt the room was freezing even it wasnt. My neck and my head hurt so badly, I took painkillers it didnt help and I think the fact I might just have sinusinfection or so it triggers my anxiety and make everything 100 times worse.

My man don't really understand what Im going through, he was being very grumpy and unhappy with me this morning because he had to get up early with the girls... I feel so bad
Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you been to the Dr? These are all classic withdrawal symptoms and they can give you meds to get past the worst of this. If you are only on day 4 you are still in a very dangerous place, you need to see a Dr. ASAP.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont really want to go to the doctor, because I have two kids and feel maybe doctor will think Im a bad mum, I have been drinking everyday for a year now allf rom half bottle - to one bottle. I am thinking about going home to my family for support to my homecountry, my man dont support me I have nobody here. I feel absolutely terrible today, Im so upset and can't believe how unsupportive my other half is, he doesnt seem to care at all. And funny that his mum is an alcoholic maybe he think its OK to drink then, and not do anything about the problem. Im trying my hardest
Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just reading about serious side effect of alcohol withdrawals and starting to panick now, that one can die if you stop drinking etc? would u have to abuse alcohol really badly to get that bad?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sophiasunshine View Post
Just reading about serious side effect of alcohol withdrawals and starting to panick now, that one can die if you stop drinking etc? would u have to abuse alcohol really badly to get that bad?
Only a Dr can tell you this. They will check your vitals and prescribe meds accordingly. I was given high BP meds and anti-seizure meds. Please just go and be completely honest about your drug and alcohol use, volumes, etc. Tell them everything you are taking, legal or not, or even non-prescription or even vitamin supplements.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through this, it SUCKS, I know. You never have to go through it again, and it will get better each day you go without alcohol.

Here is what I did :

Hot bubble bath
Chamomile tea
Deep breathing

You can do it. Write down the feelings you are having so you can go back and read them when you want to drink.

Hugs!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sophiasunshine View Post
You are on day four and I think you would be feeling a bit better by now. You can call your doctor and ask to be seen today and explain your symotoms. and the amount you drank previously....everyone is different.

but please don't DX yourself and go into a wild panic...just get a check with the doctor. Peace of mind. take it easy, your mind is racing. do you have someone you can speak with today?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you talk to a dr and get the support and help you need.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Im sorry for late reply! I did go to the doctor and he said ive got sinus infection!!! So I have to go on antiobiotic now, and got to laugh a bit because when u are on antibiotic u defintly can't drink haha. Not that Ive planned to but its funny that I thought that.... So I feel much more relaxed now and all the symptoms is because of that. I bet I will feel great in a day or two!! xx
Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best of luck Sophia! Life is going to be so much better sober :-)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This may be unrelated, but were you taking any OTC medications for the sinus symptoms? I am very sensitive to ephedrin that is in a lot of allergy/cold medication, it makes me super jumpy and anxious. I'm glad you got to the doc but just checking to see if that might have been the problem. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry if anyone here scared you Sophia - none of us are Drs.

I am glad you went and got checked out tho

D
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad it was just a sinus infection and nothing serious...sometimes not being able to breathe makes me crazy too. they used to sell these big pill like things here that you put on the floor of your shower, they had eucalyptus in them and mixed with the steam it helped to clear my head of all the "build-up"

they stopped making them! WHY???? they worked too well and were harmless?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome Sophia! I hope you feel better soon! I know its hard!