Notices

Day 23

Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 23

The last time I tried to sober up I made it about as far as I am now before relapsing. Tonight I don't feel any overwhelming urge to drink but I do feel dazed and scatter-brained. I'm not really sure what to do with myself. I had a pleasant enough day with my girlfriend. We took a guided tour of a local cave and got some nice pictures. That was something we'd never done before, another "new experience" I'm trying to use to fill the void alochol has left.

Everything seems kind of boring to me right now. Don't want to play video games, exercise, or eat as I've stuffed myself all day. Not even sure what sort of advice I'm looking for here. This is my second time having 23 days sober and this is about when I decided to give up last time. I guess I just need to push through it. I'll come back and post later. Maybe a little fresh air will help.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

even if you don't feel like doing anything (which is quite alright), you should *start* doing something. just start. and then there is a good chance that the activity will consume you.
going for a walk or light exercise is always a good idea.

whatever you decide to do, make sure it's not drinking