Notices

The pressure is building

Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The pressure is building

Didnt get my car out. Trying to do too much today. I have a complete thanksgiving dinner made for my fam. My 12 yr old adhd son is driving me nuts. Im now barrakaded in my room on time out. Thank god for this forum right now. I did find an AA close by i can attend on the days i am off. Im thinking about it for tomorrow. It cant hurt,ive not realy been a meeting person in the past, but look at my past...
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're having a tough day. Sometimes you have to move forward slowly in the early days and accomplish what you can.

We're always here for you when you want to talk.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi notsleeping

I've posted this on another thread, but as I said there music formed a big part of my recovery, positive inspiring songs at times when I was low helped me through.

Tenth Ave North - You Are More - YouTube

I actually played Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North first thing and last thing day in the first months of my recovery, it reminded me of what I was trying to do, to get free and be healed of the torment drinking brought to me.

I found this song quite recently, it has helped many other people, you may find it of some help, you may not.

Stay strong

UR>
Wayne
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx just ate, ill try it.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice i really like them. I guess i dont pay enough attention cause i hear them on klove all the time.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Actually i will look for the cd tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm confused on the "thanksgiving dinner" part.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notsleeping View Post
I did find an AA close by i can attend on the days i am off. Im thinking about it for tomorrow. It cant hurt,ive not realy been a meeting person in the past, but look at my past...
Give it a shot...You might like it....I know I did. Ask about getting a Big Book and read it....You can also read it online here. Let us know what you think of the meeting.

The text of Alcoholics Anonymous

Here is a helpful hint for meetings and the book...Look for similiarities and not differences....Identify...Don't compare.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

First of all the dinner i made was a big turkey,dressing,mashed potatoes....i have 4 kids plus a couple of their friends...so its cold in denver right now, thought it sounded good, and hey turkey is suppose to help you sleep.lol, you can see that worked. They all enjoyed it tho.
As far as "the big book" ironically a couple of years ago someone gave me one, my stubborn self never even took it out of the bag, so thanks for the reminder, i gotta get that out and bring it with me. Haha, maybe i should read some of it, maybe if i would have to begin with i wouldn't be sitting here right now! Thanks.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's funny...I'm wishing you well notsleeping...And sending some prayers your way for willingness and openmindedness....The nice thing is you never have to be alone in this....I think you'll find that out when you go to that meeting....Use the support you have there and the support you have here and it will be so much easier....Work the program of AA and your life will change....That's a promise.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well here i go in a min off to meeting #1.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope today is better for you!