Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

MustangDoper New Member, Old Addict Introduction Plz come say hello

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The User

Hey Everyone!! Figured I would say hello just signed up cause I know my mental state can use an overhaul. I'm a 30yo M from the Tampa area currently addicted to opiates "yup the monkey is on my back kicking the crap out of me lol" But I also use Meth from time to time seems to help with W/D's anyone else ever experience that? Well today I haven't had any OPs for 48 hours and am very happy about that cause I'm almost at the half way mark as far as W/D's are concerned with the way my body works "High Metabolism" But thank god this really nice guy I met had a suboxone for me that I just took phew. I am not new to W/D's I have been on this carnival ride more times I can even comprehend and I still have not smartened up and kicked the dam addiction. I know I want to, I know I have before but to truly KICK and never come back now that's the ultimate test. It feels so good to be clean, so good, I just can't seem to will myself to never go back. Yes I am an addict. I have never done any drug ever that when I didn't have it, it made me sick. Ops are a little piece of hell when you don't have them and a little piece of heaven when you do and there all sitting in our local Pharmacies. I have been an addict on Ops for 6 years now and have fully kicked countless times just to turn around and go right back to it! Worse part about it is I have a freaking conscious about the whole matter know what I'm doing is wrong. Know where it's going to lead and i still do it and right after I feel like a bumbling idiot. Is there something wrong with me? Is my self will that weak to not be able to control myself with these things? Not having your own self will is a scary thing to sit and ponder about. Well I figured hey I'm half way there and just took a sub if I stay focused I will be able to get through this W/D mess and be opz free but I was thinking hmm. What do I need to do to insure I stay clean. I know there are classes groups such as this one "Hence why I signed up" Here is the kicker though. For me I know thats not going to do it. Going to a group, a meeting anything even close to that won't fit the bill for this job. I know this is contradicting what I'm saying but I think that I just need to fill my head with the knowledge it needs to gain the power to willfully stay off them. Yes the meetings are great, wonderful, but its just not for me. Any ideas Gents or ladies? I'll have much more to post here soon don't want my first posting to go on forever so anyways just wanted to say a few things about myself kinda introduce myself to the group "which im horrible at btw can't you tell " and become familiar with finally having someone to come to to freely talk to and not be judged thank you all for that!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi mustangdoper, welcome to SR

There's great support here, you've definately come to the right place.

Look forward to hearing more form you.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome its a great site been herefouryears not always happy but it is good
Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The User

Thank you thank you for the welcomes MycoolFitz & nickytams1. I look forward to helping as many as I can, learning alot about humanity as well as myself and receiving the help I so need. Happy to be here and thankful places like this exist in our twisted world.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello welcome welcome welcome!!

This place is great.. I love it here, you will too.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The User

Thanks Ragamuffin,
Seems like there are tons of positive people in this community and positive people is one thing im def lacking in my life
Old 10-06-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome MD

It's not clear to me if you've been to meetings or not...I'm not a 12 stepper but I wouldn't write off any options for help.

Knowledge *is* important, but knowledge without action is like a closed library - not much good to anyone.

I don't know much about opiates or meth - I'm an alcoholic but I did my share of self medicating tho to try and get out of my problem - that wasn't really a viable solution for me.

I needed an outside perspective because my own perspective was pretty 'out there' at the time.

There are other method besides AA/NA...SMART may be interesting to you, it's based on CBT.

Check out our substance abuse forum too - there are others here who will help.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

So good to have ya.

Welcome aboard..