Notices

Need help.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Having a serious discussion with my family tonight. We are close to each other and I need them to help me with this. I want this to be the time I succeed at this. Thanks for the kind words today folks, was a big deal for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Use all the support you can get Maples....You have a ton of it here.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

hi Maples! i went to AA daily in the beginning. it's a great place to start new beginnings and maintain that new sober lifestyle. i think we were all scared at first and why not? it's the unknown and it's ok to be scared. actually, i sat in the parking lot of the place where the AA meeting was being held several times before i finally worked up the nerve to walk in. pretty silly, huh? but there are no monsters there. no one there is judging you. just a bunch of people who are dealing with the same monster. it comes to us all from different directions, but it's the same beast. our experiences are different but at the core very much the same. when you shift your focus to feeding your recovery and not your addiction, you'll find those daily meetings to be one of your greatest tools in your toolbox. it takes a lot of hard work so a good support network is key. that support network isn't going to do the work for you though, so be prepared to knuckle down and just do it. you can. if we have done it, anyone can! we're regular people, just like you, who got in over our heads. we were all very lost in the beginning and didn't know where to go. that's why places like AA and SR exist. so regular people like us who have found a path that anyone can take can show regular people like you how to find that path. it can be done and you can do it too. welcome to SR. it's good to have you here.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome, Maples. Good to see you here. Speaking for myself, I couldn't have my 44 days sober with this forum.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

And don't let all the dudes hanging out by the door smoking freak you out like it did me the first time. Just say hi and go on inside.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family Maples. You're no longer alone and we all believe in you.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It is painfully clear tonight that my addiction has caused significant collateral damage with my family. The look on my parents face said it all when i explained to them that i still didn't have it under control. I need to make sure this stops now, I never want to see that look on my Moms face again. So selfish to do this to myself and to them.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Maples! This is a great place to start!