Notices

Anxious dreams?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious dreams?

Today is my 3rd day and though it has been difficult after work, I have been able to occupy myself with exercise and reading informational books on addiction. But when it comes to sleeping -- that's a different story.

I fall asleep just fine, but I have the weirdest dreams... for instance, last night I woke up in a panic because I was having a dream where I was partying excessively while at the same time telling people I wanted to be sober. No matter how hard I tried to fall into a different mindset as I fell back asleep it would go right back into that type of scenario. I was so uncomfortable and anxious all night. Has this happened to anyone else in the beginning?? =(
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup, lots of panicked drinking dreams where I was drinking even though I knew I didn't anymore....if that makes any sense. It passed.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep krispy, I am still having them, but then again I am only on day 11 so it hasn't been very long since I quit.

The worst ones I get involve me getting uncontrollably drunk during a work day and being stuck in a no win situation. If I go back to work I will get fired and if I don't go back to work I will get fired.

Either way I am at risk of losing everything and being forced to tell my daughter that I can't pay for her college anymore and she might have to drop out for a while and tell my son in high school that he may not be able to start college next fall because I was stupid and got fired.

Hang in there. We will be fine, as long as we make the decision each morning that "I will not drink today." As long as we do that each morning, this too shall pass.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you all. It really helps to know that it will pass. I am proud of myself thus far, even though 3 days may not seem like much (yes, I know I shouldn't belittle my progress, it's just another bad habit that I am attempting to overcome).

Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have panic dreams that I panic over.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have the same thing, and sweat like crazy as well
Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Every day sober is a BIG day for me.Keep at it!!!

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy".

Norman Vincent Peale