Notices

An important post for me

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There cannot be to much effort put into this. Ever. ...

I needed to hear that.. thank you
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I glad you're reaching out and moving forwards Ken - great stuff

D
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"This is an important share for me because this is the defining moment in my recovery. It's the moment the scales tip in my favor."

See, this Ken, is exactly why I love SR and why I will continue to have SR in my life.

Thank you for sharing this.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ken, I thoroughly enjoy when you share. I find you honest and i dont think it is lip service. Sometimes it takes a few tries. For me, i had to bang my head up against the wall for years until I realized that maybe i should stop because it hurts. Sometimes (for me) it took awhile for it to click... Thank you for giving it all that you have. Thank you for continuing to take care of yourself. Thank you for being here.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sometimes it takes a few tries. For me, i had to bang my head up against the wall for years until I realized that maybe i should stop because it hurts. Sometimes (for me) it took awhile for it to click...
Took years for me ... I have "given up" on nearly everything, do my best but don't stress makes me so free to enjoy the here and now .

Bestwishes, M
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

That you all for the kind words and support!!!!!

Well... I went out of the house apprehensive about the meeting. It was only a few blocks away but I still drove. The car made me feel safer.

There are three churches all in a row. I went to the wrong one first... LOL

Then I look at the address again and went to the right one. It was dark. There was this guy out front so I figured I was in the right place.

We said hello and he asked if there was a meeting here tonight. I said yes. I spoke to a member this morning and he told me where to go what who to expect.

Well.... nothing. No one other than us showed. I know it was the right place with our a doubt.

We talked a minute or two and then he asked for a ride down the street. I said yes.

On the way we talked more and when I got ready to drop him off he asked if I wanted to have a meting just us. That it may help him stay sober tonight.

Of course. We talked for 45 minutes in my car. It was in a grocery store lot and wekll lit with people around so I felt safe even though he was twice my size... LOL gotta trust your gut sometimes. And I am scrappy so I think I could take em if I had to.

We went back and forth sharing our experiences. As always I found similarity in our differences. He had 9 days. I think he was not ok. I think he might have drank. He asked as we parted if I was going to stay sober tonight. I said yes as with would there be any question about it? He did not sound the same.

I hope he did. I hope those 45 Minutes were enough for him at that moment. They were for me.

Glad to be here today. Off to work.

Ken