Notices

took my last vicodin

Old 09-30-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

took my last vicodin

I can't do this anymore. I was sober for years and threw it away on vicidon and the last futile years have been a drug seeking nightmare. Tried to quit many times. A friend has some suboxion because in the past i haven't been able to get thru the withdraws. Its only been 8 hrs since my last using. Really scared but can't do this anymore
Old 09-30-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Welcome tryintochange ,

I don't know about those drugs but it sounds nasty,

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR tryintochange

Change is hard - but stick with it - I'm sure you'll find things will get better.
Support's important too...and you'll find a lot of support here - you're not alone

D
Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You deserve better than the behaviours and actions drug seeking behaviour leads us too.
No-one should have to face the humilating feelings of trying to get your hands on drugs through lying, begging, being dishonest or stealing.
No-one should have to live with the misery of thinking 24 hours a day - when can I have another dose, have I got enough to see me through until I get another refill? A friend has been prescribed some and I wonder if he will let me have a couple?
It's an exhausting thought process to go through.

It sounds like you are strong, have had enough and want to beat it with the plans you have made.
I wish you the best xxxx
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've decided to live a sober life.

We do understand how hard this is, so keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

how do i do this?

i was taking 15 of the yellow vicodone a day. its been2 years that I've worked up to this. i had planned on going cold turkey but i woke up this am in a cold sweat, hurting all over and in a state of panic. taking off work is not an option for me. should i taper off or white knuckle it till i can take sovoxan. also i could only get 3 doses of the sovoxan. will this do the job. thanks...Tryin
Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay...

If you suddenly came down with triple pneumonia - you'd head to the hospital, right? And pneumonia in some people builds up secretly over time (it did w/ me once that's why I'm using it as an example). NO one would've wanted me to go to work in that state. And yeah, I could've lost my job missing the month it took for me to recover.

But sometimes, you have to just get off the crazy train and save your own life. Everything else falls by the wayside.

You need to be in a place where you can go through the withdrawal and professionals can keep an eye on you and help you through it. As in - check yourself in to a rehab or hospital. You need to have that epiphany that makes you say "Whatever happens - I'm going to choose to save my own life, right now."

I know it's gotta be your decision, hon. (hugs) Be strong.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ima single mom without insurance and i 3 months ago opened a restaurant that isn't quite getting by. rehab isn't an option but there is nothing i would rather do. instead of 15 or more of the yellow vicodon itook 6, spread out across the day. still had crazy anxiety, cold sweats and shakes. my plan is to taper off till i can actually go without for 24 hrs and then try the suboxin. i had always been a fan off going of cold turkey buti can't seem to handle it. anyone else taper off or am i setting myself up for failure? please help
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi tryin
We can't give you medical advice here - it's against our rules.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
You might also find more experience by looking in our substance abuse forum as well?

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

best of luck to you
D
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

tryintochange:

Please call one of the numbers that D listed and explain your situation and ask questions.

Suboxone is a controlled substance classified as a schedule III drug. It should only be taken as prescribed by a doctor. It is extremely unwise to use suboxone that you got from a friend.

8thPheonix gave some great advice...you might want to read it again and then pick up the phone.

You've made the right decision to get clean!