Notices

On the Edge

Old 09-29-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On the Edge

Twenty days in and it's a 5 day holiday here.

For some reason, today has been the hardest day yet.

I'm coming to terms with the fact that my personality might be a bit much for others. Since I stopped drinking, my energy level has picked up and it keeps going through the roof.

While this certainly benefits me in my work, it's not so helpful when a friend just wants to chill.

I saw another guy in recovery at the grocery store and went out of my way to strike up a conversation. I couldn't help but notice he was pretty eager to move on.

Met an old drinking buddy for a coffee after that and realized I don't like him and he doesn't like me. We've tolerated each other bc we are 8000 miles from our families and friends. That's all we have in common.

My wife will be home in 4 hours and I know I'm going to tell her I want a drink.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi GuyinKorea,

Sometimes it takes a little while for people to get used to the sober you. There is always a period of acclimatisation. And i did find that some of my old drinking buddies who i thought were friends for life, turned out not to be in sobrierty. We only had drinking in common. They were no great loss. And you will make newfriends in sobriety that you will build honest relationships with. And the guy from recovery in the grocery store - there are amillion reasons why he might be in a hurry. None of which are about you. He may have been having a tough day himself, or late for something or a myriad of other reasons. And remember the old saying = if you like everyone in the rooms, you're not going to enough meetings :-)

Stick with it. Don't drink. I guarentee it will be better than drinking.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I had so much anxiety when I stopped drinking. Checked my blood pressure and it was high, so I got on blood pressure meds. I felt like I was running around everywhere. I still feel it today, so it is normal. What is your plan to stay sober? I found mine in AA. I need the support of a group to get through everything I am going through.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'm going to try to get through tonight without a drink.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You can make it... Moments at a time. just dont let that hand pick one up...

Just dont drink today..
Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing today Guy?

D