Notices

From my heart Thank you, SR family!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

From my heart Thank you, SR family!

The title says it all! I can't believe the motivation you all give me with all the posts I read, seeing comments, my posts, advice and sometimes right to the point if you like to see what you read or not. I am not saying this being 10 days sober but... I really hope all of you believe me I love you all for reaching out to us who are at the beginning of this life time journey. I swear with me being here just reading posts, posting, commenting.... I don't think I could even explain how much help this is. Why is it I feel that SR family will have my back through this journey? All I can say I have a bunch of people on here that know what I was/and am going through and can relate. People that are around me meaning so called friends seem to me they can careless because they don't have a problem. If they do and you want to have a healthy, happy sober life.... There GONE! I guess the old saying is "the one you don't know is the one that sometimes will help you." I think this is true. I don't know any of you personally and you have no idea how much help you all are to me. Just a simple thank you to you all.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

and thanks right back at you clight

D
Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think we have a big idea of how much SR helps and means to you, Clight, as we have all been there in your shoes, and we know that feeling you have of miraculous grace appearing from complete strangers. Strangers who are so giving and also really get it. There is no substitute for that. I think the way to thank, is to pay it forward!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Indeed for you are the ones that keep me sober..

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Clight, good for you on 10 days! Great start! I can't imagine trying to do this without SR so glad you found it!

Don't worry too much right now about your friends in real life. They may not be supportive at the beginning because they're losing a drinking buddy and may feel threatened if they realize they also have issues with drinking. My friends were not supportive at first, in fact, they encouraged me to drink, but now that it's been 2 months they're supportive. I think they needed to know I wasn't going to turn into someone who would lecture them about the evils of drinking,etc. lol I have pointed out the benefits though of being sober, only as it relates to me personally.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We feel the same way about you Clight

Thank You!

One big SR family all supporting each-other on this journey... awesome!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As Inda said, it is helping those who struggle at the beginning, and seeing their lives change for the better, that helps ME stay sober, too.

Thanks for the post. Congratulations on your sober time.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

I am glad there are so many of us here. United we stand.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You expressed exactly what I feel.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I echo MrsKing's sentiments: I get stronger by seeing other people who need me to focus on them rather than me. My problems seem much less when I can help others with theirs. Cravings go away when I read about other people struggling with theirs. I feel everybody else's support and know that I have people rooting for me, and so I need to root for everybody else. We can all feel that way, which is why we come here. Hopefully people who are new to it all--Day 1 or 2, can see that Day 30 and Day 60 are so much different than what they are feeling now, and they get there with support all around.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rebmeM

I am only on day 2, but knowing that I have this place to come to gives me strength. I am ready to live a sober life, and having all of you here to support me while I support you all is a tremendous help.

Have a beautiful, and sober day.