Notices

Self Destructing

Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self Destructing

Help. I was worried yesterday that I was going to lose my job. Probably overreacting. Instead of just going home and relaxing and trying to sort it out today, I spent the night drinking. Now I'm terribly hungover, smell like booze and am certain that I can't function today. No idea what to do.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

are you/have you gone into work today?

IF you don't smell like booze and are functional I'd go ahead with the plan to sort it out. usually coming in and showing a recognition of the issue and desire to address it right away makes a huge difference. Everyone has the occasional bad day, inappropriate action or something, but addressing it can smooth it over pretty quickly if it's not a routinely repeat performance.

then, come back here and lets talk recovery
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you at work?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you worry you were going to lose your job because of your drinking?

I agree with Threshold. Get your butt in there! But first take a shower, brush your teeth and put on clean clothes. That'll show you're trying your best AND keep the booze smell to a minimum.

If you simply can't function then stay home and figure out a plan so that this all doesn't repeat itself tomorrow or Monday or whatever day is your next at work.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I won't repeat what other have said but...

Perhaps this is a sign you may have a problem with alcohol? Only you can decide. I would have an honest look inside and see what other problems drinking may be part of beyond work.

If so then maybe it time to consider doing something about it. Heck knows I wish I did a long time ago but I didn't but I can today.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The last job I had...And got fired from because of my drinking...Actually offered to get me help.....I denied I had a problem and was fired. Two years of drinking later and near death I ended up in rehab...And then AA....What they were offering me to begin with. You might want to look into what kind of programs your workplace has available....And not make the same mistake I did.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome fourohone
how are you doing now ?

D