Notices

New here and hit rock bottom

Old 09-22-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
AA member

So pleased for you sel,that sounds a great meeting for you .

Now you have ladies you can call and talk to before the next meeting.

Wishing you well
Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That's great Sel....It's nice to know you don't have to do it alone. It would be great if you could make it to some other meetings during the week....I was going everyday...Maybe you can't do that...But more than one a week would be good. I'm glad you liked it.....That's how the people in AA are.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It looks like you found a good group!

I know the work stuff frightens you, but you certainly are taking steps to make sure nothing like that ever happens again. Perhaps you can keep a journal and document the things you are doing to get yourself sober. I can't hurt and perhaps it could help with a record for work. Regardless, I find that journaling really helped me, especially in early sobriety.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I agree with ru12...Documenting what you are doing to solve the problem could be a good sign to your workplace that you are serious about this. I'm happy you went though. It's always nice to know those doors are open when you need them.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I dont have any answers exept that I hope you will stick it out.
Think about Churchill. If you are going through hell keep going.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sel

Yes, as expected I got fired.

These are the same people who drank booze the whole day in their offices until what about 20 something years ago?

What do i do now?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened to you Sel.
I hope you can find other employment quickly.

How's your recovery going?

D
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sel View Post
Yes, as expected I got fired.

These are the same people who drank booze the whole day in their offices until what about 20 something years ago?

What do i do now?
Is unemployment and recovery an option?.....At some point you're going to have to take care of the alcohol problem.....I went through job after job until I did that.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sel, I've been employed by the Federal government. Did you have a union in your department? They could help you fight your termination. You may also want to check your Federal Employee Assistant Program. There is help in these places.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sel

Gotto wonder-
ERElations has fedexed an agreement, which i should receive tomorrow they said. They are giving me the option to resign. They sounded so cold on the phone my heart sank. I have been talking to a counselor at EAP.

Dee74 and Sapling.

Been sober since the 20th and i do not crave alcohol. Then again I rarely do. Probably why I did not have a hard time with withdrawal. I mean I could go without drinking for weeks or months if I wanted to, when I am happy. The problem is when I am stressed out I binge drink. I do not realize how much i consume until it is much too late. I guess something like this had to happen for me to come to my senses that i cannot ever touch alcohol again. I miss those times when i had a couple heineken or a guinness a week and be done with it.

Thanks again for your good wishes.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sel View Post
Gotto wonder-
ERElations has fedexed an agreement, which i should receive tomorrow they said. They are giving me the option to resign. They sounded so cold on the phone my heart sank. I have been talking to a counselor at EAP.
I think my last job offered me something like that after they fired me....Which would have made it so I couldn't collect unemployment...Because I was unemployable at the time...I was sick. I let them fire me. I worked one job at 6 months sober and lasted a little over 3 months and ending up leaving on my own....I didn't like the lady I worked for and it was affecting my peace of mind...I wasn't as solid in my recovery as I felt I needed to be...I'm starting a new job this week....I feel comfortable with my program...It turns out in talking in my interview...The subject of working in restaurants for years came up...Then the subject of drinking in that profession came up...Which we both had....Then somehow AA came up....My new Boss has 11 years sober in AA...We know some of the same people....He told me I could work my schedule around any meetings I really like....I think I'm in the right place now....And I know stuff like this would never happen for me if I was drinking.....Or not working this program of AA. I pray things work out for you Sel...I don't think anything happens in God's world by mistake.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sel

Thank you Sapling

It looks like you are in good hands now because you have a boss who is understanding. I am truly happy for you

I was most worried I would hit the bottle when I heard I was being terminated. So when i got the call today i burst into tears but no alcohol. I am most scared about receiving the letter tomorrow, seeing thatbthey are not at all caring or compassionate, reading what they put in words. Total shame. If I can get thru tomorrow and read the letter, sign it and be done with it with minimal damage, that is notndrinking but crying to death, then I will be fine.

Also, i went to see my internist today, who diagnosed me with post traumatic disorder because I couldnt stop crying, sleep deprived, etc. she prescribed me antidepressants, which I dont care for ( i dont like any drugs) lets see if they are going to work
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sel

An update:

CPS closed the case. And today is day 15 for my sobriety. also stopped taking antidepressants. Feel ok. The next step for me is to find a job.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

That's good news Sel and congrats on 15 days-that's brilliant
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I was thinking about you....Congrats on 15 days...Don't be a stranger!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sel

Thank you both sapling & justhadenough

I will check in more often!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Sel

D