Notices

Newcomer

Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Buzzzme

I'm just going to say the same as many others... please see a doc for your withdrawals. I have taken co codamol for back problems but it's only supposed to be used short term because of its addictiveness. It's always wise to see a doctor to check your plan is safe and that you're medically fit to do it.

Glad you're here x
Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am not planning on seeing a doctor unless my withdrawal symptoms are really bad like some I have read since being on SR, scarey. Also our GP is in a small community and I dont want my problems made public. My intake of painkillers I will halve for today, which leaves me below the max advised, and lower further over the week leaving a clean weekend. Alchohol stopped dead yesterday.

From what I have read some people succeed with tapering but most dont, it worked for me with Benylyn, when I was forced to do night shifts years ago I was desparate for sleep and turned to this method which is also highly addictive as I found. Tapering off with it was hard but worked having used it for almost 2 years.

Thanks to all
Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

The reason why I recommend everyone see a medical professional is - I didn't...
I ended up with several mini strokes - I will never be the same again.

I'm not saying that will happen to you - but that, and many other things, are a possibility.

The paracetamol is an added issue - but really? you need to check your liver's ok.

Personally, Buzzz, I reckon there are worse things than the embarrassment of coming clean with your Dr.

D
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for the concern but i'm gonna risk no doctor. I took 2 cocodamols at 1400 when my head felt like it was in a goldfish bowl, 2 later if I feel wierd, if I feel ok then no more today.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! Things will get better
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buzzzme27 View Post
I am not planning on seeing a doctor unless my withdrawal symptoms are really bad like some I have read since being on SR, scarey.
Everybodys body reacts differently - just because you don't have some of the really bad withdrawal symptoms that you have read on here does not neccessarily mean that your body/mind is coping ok and that you don't need a check up/extra support etc.

Don't mean to sound pushy but just in case:>

NHS Direct - Remote clinician services
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Start of day 11 for me, yee haw. I started back to work monday after a 4 month break, usually always stop on way home for booze but managed to avoid. Feeling ok, had the odd craving as I will for ever I presume.

If it wasn't for visiting this site and reading about others experiences and support I would of given in for sure.

Enjoy your day all, thanks

Cheers
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Buzzz

D