Notices

First week sober

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First week sober

hello all, I guess let me begin with what got me to this point, and I apologize if I am posting in the right location. I have been a addict for 5 years. I started taking Morphine, and loratab after being wounded serving in Irag. After my dishcard I came to rely on the medication for pain control and also to well just make life easier. I never admitted to having a problem, after all I was able to hold down a career, raise my daughters, and it just seemed like no issue at all. I hit rock bottom two weeks ago. And once again I apologize as my rock bottom surly isn't as bad as some people here I am sure so I mean no offence. I went to obtain my script as I always do from one of the many doctors or ER's around the city, and the doctor I saw called me a liar and suggested I need treament. Of course I was furious how dare you accuse me of such a thing, and then he just left the room, and I walked out of that building with more shame and guild than I can honestly say I have ever felt. Did that stop me of course not I obtained the same scrip from another doctor about 20 mins later. But it ate at me, am I really that bad off, as I said I have a job, a house, a car, I can't possibly be a drug user. Then I put aside my arragance and life became clearer I am a addict. I made the decision right there to stop, so I did, just threw it all alway in the toliet, and 12 hours later I would have eaten even if it would still have floated out of the toilet, so I relapsed got some new pills, the next take I called a wonderfull doctor by the name of Dr. ****, and he sat me down and explained that yes I have a problem, but I am going to help you with it..I have been on a suboxone treatment for over a week now and I have hope again hope that I can beat this thing in me...I have never posted to a forum before and I hope this isn't too long..I just wanted to belong to others who have advice that have been through it..thank you so much for letting me take a few mins from your day...god bless all of you

Last edited by Dee74; 09-12-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: removed name
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Feel free to join the September thread. We are a family! You have done a brave thing! And thank you for serving our country.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.....xavierpsi....And God bless you for your service...No need to apologize for what you think your bottom is....I think when you've had enough is all you need. It sounds like you found a good doctor...And not one that just wants to feed you pills...Thank God for that. Would you be open to a program of recovery like NA?....Getting some support from other recovering addicts?....This site is a great site for online support....I think I strutured program would be a good thing for you...I'm glad you are here.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll post a link if you're interested...Just put in your city or Zip to find a meeting near you.

NA Meeting Locator

We also have a substance abuse forum...

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

And a suboxone maintenance - detox forum

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Or you can hang out in this forum...Make yourself at home.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome xavier

I'm glad you're making progress - we're glad to have you here

D
Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome. You're in the right place to get help through this. It is wonderful you have a doctor helping you. They provide some of the most addictive substances and then wonder why it happens.

And thank you for your service to our country. Can you get counseling/help as a veteran?