Notices

Terrible past few days..

Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Terrible past few days..

3 days ago I made the decision to quit using drugs for good and I was starting school the next day so I thought it could be a fresh start.

That night I felt so nervous and anxious for school that I resorted to huffing gasoline in my backyard. The next day I went into school determined again to make the school year a fresh start. Before 1st period even started I found myself ditching school with a friend to go get high..

Later that evening I took the rest of the pills I had and told my self that tomorrow I would be done.. After that I wasn't feeling to much from the pills, as my tolerance is so high, that I went to store and got more and ended up drinking 3 bottles of cough syrup. I blacked out and kept floating in and out of consciousness and had horrific visions of death and the devil, my room was full of evil and I kept waking up throughout the night not knowing what was going on or who I was. When I was finally somewhat lucid but still extremely messed up, It was 6:30 AM almost time for school.. I was so paranoid and shooken from my experience I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life, I felt like I had all these disturbing images from the night burnt into my memory. I called my mom and she took me to the hospital.

I promised her that this was it. She told me she's heard that one before and she doesn't know what to do anymore..

Today my short-term memory is very poor and it was very hard to get through school. I'm feeling very depressed and I have no motivation but I'm going to an NA meeting tonight..
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What happened at the hospital?

Are you going to be getting any treatment? Any help for quitting?

You can do this. You can be clean and sober and live a fulfilled life, one that isn't full of highs and lows. Believe in yourself. You WANT to go to school and you WANT to be clean. Those two things are very important, and so long as you have that then you can do it.

I'm so pleased you're going to NA. I hope you find it to be a good source of support.

I hope things get better for you very soon, Jake.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am glad your going to a meeting , but maybe look into going to in patient for bit..

You really can learn the tools you need and also for the first 30,60,90 days you can be safe from yourself..
Old 09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you get any treatment or advice at the hospital? It could be helpful to talk to your family dr. There is help available, possibly through your school counsellor.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also think an in patient rehab would be a good way for you to go. A controlled environment where you are monitored and safe from dangerous drugs or people. Then getting the prep you need for a recovery program like NA when you leave. I can't even imagine trying to go to school like that...I wouldn't make it.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

jakec,
I'm really sorry the beginning of your school year didn't turn out like you hoped. Have you considered not hanging out with old friends, ones who get high? It is hard to change, when surrounded by people who do the very thing we are trying NOT to do.

Huffing gasoline is very dangerous! Please do not do it. I feel for both you and your mother. I'm glad you're going to a NA meeting tonight....go every day and keep posting.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jake, get back to rehab and make the G.D. decision to stick it out. It may just save your life.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsKing View Post
What happened at the hospital?

Are you going to be getting any treatment? Any help for quitting?
They didn't do anything for me at the hospital because im not old enough to go into detox and I wasn't suicidal so I didn't qualify for a psychiatric evaluation..

Also I'm going to be going to an 84 day in-patient program in upstate New York.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
They didn't do anything for me at the hospital because im not old enough to go into detox and I wasn't suicidal so I didn't qualify for a psychiatric evaluation..

Also I'm going to be going to an 84 day in-patient program in upstate New York.
Good !! ... Go there, STAY there. When you get out go to AA.

Tell your mother to drop you off at the 84 day rehab and don't let you back into the house for 85 days. Don't f' around until you die or kill yourself.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jake, I'm glad you're going to treatment.

See this as the GIFT it truly is...embrace it with all ya got buddy...this is your life we're talking about.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

jakec,
I'm relieved you're going to an inpatient facility. Work hard and listen....it could save your life.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're going into treatment too Jake...how soon do you go?

D
Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow jake thats awesome that your gona get help!! Im in upstate ny and its an awesome time of year here youll get to enjoy our fall, sober and drug free good for you!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I too had a similar experience to the one that you speak of. I woke in the middle of the night and I saw them, evil spirits enveloping me. It was truly the most terrifying experience of my life. I could feel them pulling me into the abyss, quite literally. The only way that I was able to get the devil and his minions off of me was to get on my knees and surrender everything away to god... my higher power. It worked right there that very minute. Instantly they vanished. God protected my soul. My mind and body were still broken however and it took me quite some time to begin to recover those. The treatment facility will most certainly help you with those. Listen to what they tell you, especially the other recovering addicts that they will have working there. Listen and do what they say. It will save your life my friend. God bless and take care, I look forward to hearing more from you soon!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Like everyone else, happy to hear your saving yourself..

Be here often till you go ..