Notices

Just got out of my 2nd DUI court date

Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just got out of my 2nd DUI court date

So I just finish my court date with my second DUI. WOW what a twist! I was arrested on January 2nd 2011 for driving under the influence, open container and not driving on the lane.

They dropped all charges but the DUI which went down to reckless driving. The reason it was drop because the the cop did not have a camera and I had a bloody face with the cop having nothing on him. It looks bad for the cops and the DA drop the charges. I had a really good lawyer which is why you should get a lawyer and not public defender.

I got 12 months probation non watching unless I get in trouble and I can lol ave the state without telling the probation officer. I paid off my fines $1400 total and have to go to AA but don't need to prove it. I can't drink or do drugs and can be random testing.

So I still have 1 DUI and will stay that away with 1 restless driving which is a traffic volition. Free good now but tired because I did t sleep last night.

Still have my license too.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So, you got a repreave ... this time. Now what?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Glad it went well! Sometimes the universe hands us a second chance.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm glad it went better than you expected. You sound like a lucky guy! Hopefully you won't ever have to experience anything like this again. Stick to your program and you won't!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Action,
I am so glad it worked out for you! Why did the judge order AA for an atheist? I wonder if you would have stated you are a member of SR and active on the site if that would have been acceptable for a 12 month period. Keep up your hard work and you will never face this legal issue again.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HitRockBottom70, told that to the lawyer that I'm an atheist and he told me that this area is bible town and was not a good idea to tell that to the judge. I was going to ask for SOS instead but the lawyer had clue that was and I told him that I would do AA but I don't have to prove it to them that I went to add but I'm going to go to SOS meeting once and get something sign just in case.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good idea about going to SOS and having something signed. You always have your log here too so you can prove you are actively working on keeping sober. Again, so glad it worked out for you today.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

I don't think anyone that can afford a good lawyer says, "Naw, I will take my chances with the public defender." But TY for the advice! LOL.This just tells me that you have to have money to get away with a DUI. It is what it is.

Although, I am glad things went well for you. I would take advantage of this second chance.

Take Care
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

... and still licensed ... Lost mine for a year, and counted myself very lucky. I commited myself to getting sober by whatever means possible. But for that entire year, I live in fear that some mother was going to come looking for me to tell me I'd killed her son, or daughter.

I think I'd rather face someone with a loaded Desert Eagle, than a drunk behind the wheel of a 5' wide 3/4 ton killing machine.

I sincerely hope you take advantage of the second chance you've been given
Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

IF you get another one that Reckless Op will be treated as dui from the judge.. I never had to go to AA after 4 dui's in Ohio 1 reckless op in Cali and 1 in texas..

And that 4th one had 12 charges. They all got dropped except the dui, thats just how it goes. I highly recommend not doing it ever again.

I have gone to AA for 14 months and this atheist wouldnt change it for the world..