Notices

Getting back to recovery after a slip

Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good for you...I felt less anxious after doing that step too...Looks like your sponsor is moving you along...That's good.....Have a great sober day and keep moving forward!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm on day 18. I'm still going to a meeting each day and sometimes two. Dealing with a lot of a emotions and other practical things that I haven't for a long time, and I plan to keep doing that. Got a part time job to work at a few days a week along with school so that's good. There's still a lot of rubble to clean up though. I'm hoping that in a few months, most of this crap will be behind me. I'm much better off now than I would have been had I kept drinking these past 18 days. MUCH better. I'm sleeping normally, I'm starting to deal with some of the consequences from my drinking, and I have a little job to pay off a bit of debt that I accrued while not working and being a bump on a log. I'm a bit behind in my school work but I'm catching up, and that should cease to be a problem if I keep doing what I'm doing. All in all, things are on the right track now. I hope everyone is doing well, and living for today. It's all we have!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thenn88 View Post
There's still a lot of rubble to clean up though. I'm hoping that in a few months, most of this crap will be behind me. I'm much better off now than I would have been had I kept drinking these past 18 days. MUCH better. I'm sleeping normally, I'm starting to deal with some of the consequences from my drinking, and I have a little job to pay off a bit of debt that I accrued while not working and being a bump on a log.
Congrats on 18 days...And getting a job.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

23 days now without a drink. Going well, just posting a quick update. Looking forward to having one month. Unsurprisingly, nothing really bad has happened in these few weeks... I didn't drink every day, but starting to feel ok for a few days or a week after drinking and then the depression and anxiety of a bad hangover really took a toll on my overall mood. Always up and down with a slow downward trend. I never truly felt good about myself. I hope I'm breaking that cycle for good this time. Still hitting Aa meetings each day. Hope everyone is doing well and staying sober.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today is one month sober for me. Things have been going well overall, but these last few days have been really strange. I feel really over extended in a lot of areas of my life. I've been going to AA meetings every day, started working a little bit and doing a lot of school work but not as much as I need to be doing. These next few days, I am going to take some time to recharge a little bit. I spent a lot of time by myself in the aftermath of my drinking bouts and I got used to having those days at a time where I literally didn't talk to anyone. I've been really extroverted, or rather much more extroverted than I'm used to being without alcohol this past month. I know some people in the program say isolation is bad, but I do feel like I need to stay be by myself for a few days.

Life is better for me overall though and I know this little rough patch will pass. I hope you're all doing well and staying sober!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations then88

D
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congrats then88!!! Keep up the good work.

Nothing wrong with recharging,stay strong.

OC