Notices

My Story

Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that story.
You helped remind me of some of my behaviors: I, too, have had feelings of impending doom, figuring that I have pushed my luck WAY too many times behind the wheel of a car. "I'm going just a mile up the road." "I haven't had THAT much."
It is scary.

Although this has not been a frequent thing for me, I have resupplied the wine or beer when I've had too much and didn't want my husband questioning why I drank all the booze.

I've hidden the alcohol bottles in the recycling bin (you know, stuff them under the cereal boxes or newpapers) because I didn't want the neighbors to see how much alcohol we had gone through. . .or I didn't want my husband to see.

Congratulations to you! Enjoy your sober weekend!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to two of our newly sober members

Time2Focus..... .......Jasmine1313.....
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Time2Focus! You are certainly not alone. You've come to the right place. A lot of very caring & knowledgable people ready to offer encouragement & advice. Only been on here for a few days myself, actually finding it hard to stay away. I'm on day 1...again. But with all the encouragement, keeping my head up.

Best wishes to you!
Hugs~jaz
Old 08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome to the family. Get out while you still can!!! it was not until I tried to control alcohol until I realised how tight it's grip on me had become. Thankfully I do not have to go through it anymore. Great to have you here.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've definitely enjoyed a sober Friday - can't remember having one of those since I started college. I ran on the treadmill today for a couple of miles and then went on a walk with my family - another almost 4 miles. We had our traditional Friday night pizza but this time I did not have my traditional 6 pack along with it. Enjoying a good cup of coffee right now while browsing the site