Notices

Being successfull in your recovery

Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

1) understanding i was an alcoholic and it wasn't going to change by trying to control it harder .

2) Being willing to do anything including humbling my ego by praying to anything that might listen for help .

3) Having a profound realization at the moment of 2 that i never had to drink again if i didn't want to & rolling round the floor giggling at the freedom.

4) Never drinking again no matter what, If there happens to be a god, spirit , power .. who would dare ask a second time for such an intervention? need to keep humble .

5) Learn to savour every moment of life, the ups, the downs all of this glorious experience by living day by day in the moment as lots of spiritual people have recomended before me.

6) Learn to be grateful and happy with what i have , right here , right now. not to feel inadequate for some future that may not happen nor regret a past that has happend and i have made as best peace i can with it as is humanely possible .

7) Help me and others sever "Maras' bonds" by sharing, learning and practaicing compassion, love and wisdom.

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Action.
And more action.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Staying in the present, in the here and now. Not obsessing over the future and if I will want to start drinking again. Taking it day-by-day.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Not to be a jerk to people