Notices

Well, I am back but this time I am quitting

Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I am back but this time I am quitting

Its been almost a year since I have been to these forums; were you guys ever right about not being able to control this stuff. I tried to control alcohol but I can't do it, for the love of it. I just have to quit it all. My head is pounding, I still feel a bit nauseous as I write this. I threw up some black liquid with clear liquid earlier, so I hope that doesn't mean I am too late to save my health. I am hoping to stay sober now until forever.

I feel like crap, so I will write more later
Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It just sounds like you may need medical help with the detox portion of it, be very careful sweetheart. And it sounds like you hit your bottom and have a great attitude that will go far...
Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would have that checked out immediately. It is not normal to puke anything black. Seriously. I am an EMT and though I cannot diagnose anything; I will that is a symptom that should not be ignored.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back MesoFreak

I too would go get yourself checked out - if only to put your mind at ease

D
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, sounds like some medical attention is in order, MesoFreak. Alcohol can do a number on your stomach- doesn't mean your health is gone forever, but it does need to be attended to (I had symptoms similar to yours). Sounds like you're ready to put the cork in the bottle. Good, good luck.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please see a Dr or even the ER immediately. A medical detox was necessary for me. You may need this too.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't want to be an alarmist but I am suggesting immediate medical attention not a routine appt in the morning. Black stuff coming out above or below can be a medical emergency-please seek help.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome back Meso. For me, it was almost easier to just quit. After trying so hard to manage it for years - I was exhausted and miserable. My life was in shambles and my nerves were shot - it was actually a relief to kick it out of my life. I hope you feel the same - you sound ready.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

MesoFreak,
I tried to control / moderate my drinking a year ago. It was frustrating, tedious and unsuccessful. I quit at the beginning of this summer and it's been much easier.

I do hope you feel better. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I tried to control my drinking the first year also... and then again after several years of sobriety. I came to realize that only alcoholics try to control their drinking. Anyone trying to 'control' their drinking is out-of-control.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Unfortunately seeing a doctor or ER is not affordable for me with out medical insurance. When I start at my university in Sept 20 I will have medical insurance. I only puked it once, and I am feeling much better after eating seafood soup. Do you all still think I need to see a doctor? I hope it can wait just a few more days.

Thanks all for the supportive comments. I am definitely putting a cork to the bottle for sure. I have been thinking about quitting since May, but decided to try to control it: I couldn't. So now I am going to just quit it cold turkey. I do enjoy alcohol with a lot of things (food, watching a game, etc.), and only mess up at parties, but it is do mess ups that cause havoc to my stomach, relationships, etc. I would like to say I will only have it for dinner, or special occasions. But I can't control it at parties; my limits do not exist. So I will have to get rid of all of it!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

MesoFreak, google google google. Start with 'black vomitus'. Make some phone calls and get yourself to some medical care now. Right now is good. Please get yourself checked right away, please.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

please go to an emergency room

that black is a serious sign of something that isn't right. save your life and go