Notices

What to do when you would normally be drinking?

Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
JWS

For me, it's internet or On-Demand TV. When I get into webpages or shows, my mind concentrates on that and not the alcohol.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

taking the dog for a walk, computer, library, and working ALOT.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh and as someone else posted eating very well either at home or out. we are having all of our favorite takeout dinners during the past 2wks and then onto healthy eating. Its been kind of fun to remember eating! I was like David Hassleoff embarrassing to admit. We figure what we saved from all the booze we would be use it to have fun with dinner! I wish you well.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Now that you've quit drinking, your relationship with your girlfriend might improve over time.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I did a lot of reading this summer. I could actually concentrate!
I read so much when I'm not drinking. I have a full bookshelf and have run out of space.

I was thinking of going for a book today but had a lot to do, hopefully tomorrow!

I spend more time preparing and cooking healthy food, it's much easier to focus on your health when you're sober.
I love to cook, I still spend a lot of time cooking even when I do drink - Especially on sundays cooking for everyone - I listen to the football on the radio (Soccer for you Americans :p ) and spend a long time trying to make a nice dinner, it is a great break where I can be on my own too.

I work way too much and I work online, so I work alone / in mine so that is a bit of a problem. I really need some releases apart from alcohol.
I think I need more things to do outside, even just as a break, because I work for myself, I barely ever have breaks and work way too hard, especially now when I am trying to start back up again.

Sitting looking at a screen all day from waking to sleeping can really get to you.

Now that you've quit drinking, your relationship with your girlfriend might improve over time.
Maybe. Fingers crossed