Notices

Don't want another weekend like that!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't want another weekend like that!

I'm entering my 4th sober week and have just had the hardest 3 days of my sobriety. I have had a much better day today and am feeling very pleased with myself that I stayed strong and resisted the temptation to drink. It's so frustrating to have set backs like this when you start to feel better only to have a few days where even getting off the couch is a feat in itself. Talk about a roller coaster ride!

Well, I guess after several days of taking I'd like to give something back! I read many posts on here from people who are not sure whether they are alcoholics or not because they only drink 'so much' and from others who only drink at weekends ( I was one of those). For me, the quantity and frequency are irrelevant, as is the length of time spent drinking! I want to stop drinking because it is having a very negative impact on my life, my work, my friends and above all else my family. It doesn't matter if one beer a day causes this to happen or 20.

I am more committed than ever to beat this problem I have and I really thank all of you for the support you've offered since I joined and in particular over the past 3 days.

The very best to you all

Julynine (22 days and counting).

Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Way to ride those ups and down Julynine

Best wishes, M
Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it's really simple, huh?
"don't drink". two words, no action required. but it can be so complicated and hard at times.
you sound confident and on the right path. make the right choice and keep going forward. alcohol brings nothing but destruction.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Alright

Keep on going and growing in your journey, and keep sharing
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

July9
What you wrote is so true. Alcoholism, problem drinking is certainly not a numbers game and the AV will try to convince you that you are not so bad, you only drink so much, not nearly as much as other people.
It took me a long time to be honest about how much a negative impact alcohol had on my life.
CaiHong
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

22 days, that's cool, good job! I'm at day 15 today, and just had a couple rough days, but felt better today (until tonight which was complicated, but ok)

I completely agree with you, it's not a question of quantity or numbers. For me it's more a question of being honest with myself, lucid about my comfort zone and about who I am and who I want to be.

Anyways, thank you for your post, and keep it up!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you had a rough weekend, but it's great you got through it
Hope you have a great week, julynine

D