Notices

Tough Day

Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough Day

Well I am at 11 days and I had such a stressful day that when I got home I thought to myself that a couple of beers to relieve the stress and escape would do me good. Then I thought it through and remembered the hangover and withdrawl of my last binge and thought it would be better to just sit tight and share my thoughts on here. This to shall pass and I won't have to deal with the regrets. Mike
Old 07-17-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good plan Mike! It's one of the crazy things about this addiction, you can feel like complete crap but within 24 hours feel great again so you do it all over again. Remembering the pain of the hangover is a good deterrent. I'm trying to remember what I did to relax way back when before drinking. The reality is drinking for most of us isn't relaxing for very long. Next thing you know you're worrying about saying or doing something stupid, or driving, or loathing yourself for drinking again.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Mike! I had a stressful day too and am finding it hard to unwind. But then I know that drinking would just make tomorrow twice as stressful x
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice job Mike. Just to share though... I tried maintaining using just this site and hitting a few meetings here and there and for me it wasn't enough. I had to talk to another alcoholic... share in the moment feelings. Get it out verbally. I also found that I had to get involved in fellowship stuff... I HATED that idea... no way was I going to hang out with "those people" for the rest of my life. But hey, I kept relapsing. I kept losing things in my life. I ended up in a pit of despair. So after my last relapse (one that cost me a highly valued relationship) I decided I am not going to half ass it any longer. I had to get involved.

I'm not saying you are not giving it your all. I just wanted to share my experience. Feel free to drop me a line anytime if you need. I have 72 days today. I had a year before I went back out. I thought "I had it figured out"... I didn't want to drink, so I thought. That was until life got tough again and I didn't know how to deal with it. Now I know this is life or death. And the life on the other side can be wonderful.

Good luck man!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Mike!