Notices

2 months sober, getting headaches

Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

the location you describe and it being so debilitating you need to go lay down and sleep.

does light and sound bother you when you have one.

one person mentioned visual auras and that is a sure tell-tale sign of migraine, tho not everyone with a migraine gets them

It could be lack of sleep, not eating, this heat wave and yes, abrupt changes in caffeine intake--up or down.

I lie down in a darkened room with an ice pack on my neck.

But, for me, full blown migraines require medication.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

live light and sound doesnt bother me
Old 07-15-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I had a lot of headaches too at that point. And also again in the fifth month.

Dehyddation... and spikes in my blood pressure.... and changes in blood sugar due to alcohol not screwing with my glucose and poor eating.habits.... are all common headache causers. Also.sleeping different hours than usual can do it.

I had all those in early sobriety due to: forgetting to drink lots of water, having too much caffeine, also not enough caffeine, and not eating regularly and poor sleep.

Mine got better. But Zee is right, we shouldnt give medical advice. If they dont abate, see your Dr.

We've taken a powerful chemical away from our brains, so that could be effecting any or multiple body systems.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i am glad i have found this website, its full of information and experiences that other people are having. i know that yous arent doctors but to have had the same happen to you resulting in not drinking says heaps. we are all going threw the not drinking buzz, and its good to hear how are people are dealing with it, be it with more or less coffee and the same with water, all seem to be resulting in headaches of some description. thanks for the advise everyone x x