Notices

The evening of Day 3

Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking The evening of Day 3

Hi, everyone I am using the phone to post please excuse typos..Had very very bad sleep on night 2 which was last night woke up pouring, I mean pouring sweat once and a bad dream the second time..Went to work like always this A.M. felt pretty good most of the day..Came home and no energy whatsoever..Just lazy feeling..I quit one time before and I was going crazy on m house cleaning etc..This time I am tired and look at the mess and not do anyt about it. That kinda depresses me because my house isnt up to my standards anymore..Got my test back from doc my liver test came back with slightly. Elevated enzymes...Im 36 and drank a twelve pack a night every night. It was more on weekends for 15 years.Also my thoughts have been foggy?? Anyone else have theses experiances and will your liver eventually heal???..thanks for ur comments
Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, friend. I am pretty new to recovery, so I am still learning a bunch myself, but I would be happy to share my experiences.

I don't think I slept well for the first two or three weeks after my last drink. I do remember vividly however, that on the 3rd night I had the worst night sweats I could imagine. Sweat was just pouring out of me. My wife actually woke me up, thinking I had wet the bed. I was mightily embarassed, and it actually took a bit of detective work to determine whether I had wet the bed or I was just sweating. Thankfully it was just stupid amounts of sweat. The night sweats went on for a few days after that, then abruptly stopped.

I haven't had any recollection of my dreams, except on rare occasion over the last 5 or 6 years, I'd guess. Surprisingly, after being sober for about a week, my dreams returned. Boy did they. At first they were just very vivid and bizarre, then they became a bit more normal. Then I started having dreams about drinkin, and still do sometimes. In fact I had a drinkin dream last night.

Yep, I had foggy thoughts for a couple of weeks too. Completely normal. I was lazy too. Housework was the last thing I was wanting to do. It'll pass. Your body is trying to heal after all that drinkin. That and sleeping rough, it's reasonable to think that you will be low on energy. Mood swings and some depression were par for the course as well for me.

Our age is almost the same- I'm 38, and our drinking habits were pretty close too. Stick with it bud. All of those symptoms are either gone for me, or down to a dull roar, except for the darn dreams.

Keep at it, friend! It ain't easy, but sooo worth it.