Notices

confidence while sober

Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks lfh! I was hoping to hear from her yesterday or today. Ugh...the waiting game continues. I grilled up a couple of big ole steaks today so my husband and i ate like winners regardless.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's that damn instant gratification.
You were doubting yourself before the interview—then overcame those doubts and had a great interview. Instant gratification? You earned that the minute you walked out of that interview. Jobs are important, but so is personal growth, and you're already a winner in the only category over which you have any control.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks, Ready. I'm just wishing that interviewer had called. But that's out of my hands so i'll work on what i can do. That's what my focus has to shift to.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think i once got a job by phoning up and saying i'd been offerd another job but would prefer working with you, seeing as how you had'nt been in touch i'd hate to accept the other one and then mess them about if you offerd me yours .

We're recovering alcoholics, there is nothing in life that we can't take in our stride, we're off that mad up and down sea-saw.
Enjoy that lovely sobriety every morning let it fill you with happiness then go out and share some of that happiness , i'm sure the job for you will be along soon, keeping happy and humble it's bound to happen .
Old 07-12-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You are a honest , humble and committed man. All you want is to serve your clients. All an employer wants is someone like you. You are interested in doing well. You are the best candidate someone can have 101%. Believe it!

You are ready to:

work more than you are paid for
energise co-workers
be positive at work
be honest and committed to your employer
open to improve yourself

Not drinking is not the choice that will help you get tomorrow' job. Is the choice that will help you also get the right job and life in years to come.

You cannot get there in few days or months. Be patient :-) Law of the Path of Progress - A shortcut is the longest distance between two points... - and you know that!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I got the job!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great DG - congratulations

D
Old 07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Way to go, DG!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Zee

Thats great news, Congratulations!!! x
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

its funny i found this message, i had an interview with the co op yeasterday but funeral care and didnt get it. they give me feedback and they said they really liked me and saw i was keen and had the potential to work for them but it was all based on a scoring system and as i have never worked in that industy my score wasnt enough for the job, but they give me hope by advising me to apply for another position that would be suitable for me and even said they would interview me straight away if the position they suggested came up and i applied. in my opinion get feedback and ask where you went wrong as the person that interviewd me gave me valuable information on where i went wrong and so now i know what i need to work on. its all about experience and even though your disheartened the job interview may actually give you good knowledge where you can apply for a better position. at one point i asked for a job at a bingo hall and i just so happened to ask at the same time they were looking for someone but someone else had also asked and out of 2 of us i got turned down and i was so disheartened as i thought if i cant get a job when theres only 2 applicants then how the hell am i gonna get a job when hundreds are applying but each interview i have i learn more about what i need to do and i believe 1 day i will eventually get to where i want to be.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

erm i sent that message before i seen you got the job, well done
Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great news, congrats!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

That is awesome Displacedgrits! Congratulations!! Hey, I will be in Milwaukee on Monday for a Brewers game and a trip to the Art Museum w/ my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary! Great city!

Blessings, Lily
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats