Notices

I have half an hour...

Old 06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have half an hour...

Until I go home from work, last day of the work week. Husband has been out of town and is going to want a drink. I have not told him about me NOT drinking (although he was home for the first 3 days and did not question me).... Any advice? I do not want to drink now and I keep telling myself why, but I'm getting a bit anxious.

Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be nice if your husband didn't drink in front of you, but that may not work. You could let him know you would appreciate that, and see what happens. If he does drink, then you could try going out, doing something in a different part of the house, just try to get away for awhile. You can get through this.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sober, I am in the exact same position you are in right now. My husband travels a lot for work. He will be home tomorrow. He likes to drink I don't want to anymore very anxious. Let us know how it goes...
Willquit
Old 06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

unless there's a good reason not to, maybe telling him whats going on is a good first step, sober4?

D
Old 06-21-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LDT

My only advice is ..... tell your husband. Hold nothing back. Tell him how important it is to you and ask for his support. You have nothing to lose and only everything to gain. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will be fine. I will stay sober for my kids lol. This time I choose sobriety for me, not for anyone else. I re-read my strange first blog and I can do it. I will hang out in the garden, my personal therapy. Thank you guys. I feel stronger just posting, that means I'm serious, in my mind anyway.

I have not told him because I am afraid he will be critical. He thinks things are funny that no normal person does. In a way he will be thrilled, but would not say that, I don't think, now I'm speculating.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I hope that everything goes Okay. I would like to think your husband would understand
Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I did it! Didn't even cross my mind. He was rude all night anyway so not much to contend with. Thank you guys! New day and still feel good about everything :0)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Got through another day sober watching him drink. Its not as bad as I thought. I figure my kidneys and liver will thank me later. I wish he would have a revelation, but only time will tell.

On to a new day!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Got through an emotional Saturday sober! Husband still has not said one word but drank every drop of alcohol in the house. Sad.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

WTG Sober!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you for being so strong! Great job!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done sober4,

How is your relationship with your husband if you don't mind me asking?

You really do need to tell him if he is drinking and you're not speaking to each other.

Good luck and well done again,

You should be proud.

Bruno.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Another sober day!

Bruno... it is good most of the time but for the last week something was up and I think it may be resentment. BUT I have good new for you all, HE didn't drink last night and we had an amazing night. He still has not asked and I still have not said anything, but obviously he notices. I will continue on and hope to be an example.

Thank you all.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's excellent news :-)
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I agree! wonderful news about your good night!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

great news! there is so much joy in sobriety... a whole lot more than being drunk.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Sober,

Good for you, I glad you had at least one enjoyable night with your husband. I really admire people who can stay sober with a partner that drinks.

By the way I love the sign. LOL
Love
caiHong
Old 06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Hi Sober,

Good for you, I glad you had at least one enjoyable night with your husband. I really admire people who can stay sober with a partner that drinks.

By the way I love the sign. LOL
Love
caiHong

I'm glad too.... It's not so hard not drinking because I SEE what it does to him and I know that I was doing the same. I want to be an example and hopefully we walk this together.

I LOVE the sign, it cracks me up and says alot about society lol.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I posted my update in my class but am pasting it here too.... update on the husband and what not....

Good morning.... you all ready for my story of last night? (Another sober day :0)).

I get home from work and start blanching some vegtables from the garden. Husband walks up and says, I just want you to know I'm very proud of you. (Good start right).

Evening goes by and kids are in bed, we are outside talking, he says something to the effect of "we can make margarita's", so I ask him if there is a mouse in his pocket. He looks at me really weird and I told him that my NOT drinking is NOT temporary, this is a decision I made and a decision I will make every day. ( SO, I FINALLY TOLD HIM!). Anyway he asked me why and a bunch of other questions and said, "ok, well, then I will do it with you, I think we are past this stage in our lives anyway, was feeling like a pig". So anyway... I'm excited and I hope he sticks to it with me. I always bought the beer anyway so he would have to spend money to drink and he doesn't like to spend money lol.