Notices

4 days now

Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days now

I've been drinking consistently for the past 5 years, 5-6 days a week, 350 ml (pint) of mainly Brandy every night. I start to drink by 7pm and complete it by 9pm. Last time (sunday) when I had the drink, I had some blood coming from the throat.. So have stopped it for awhile.

I am not sure if it is a throat infection, liver injury or ulcer. I've planned to quit for at least 30 days. Have anyone experienced this and except for pain in the throat I am perfectly normal.

Any advice is appreciated
Old 06-14-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never experienced anything like that. I think you should probably go to the doctor. We can help and support you here with the actual drinking but for health issues then the only person who can help you is the doctor! Whether other people have experienced it or not does not mean that what you are experiencing is the same issue and even if it is, that doesn't mean it is OK.

Congrats on 4 days. Well done you! Keep going.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank You King, The last time I had a LFT (liver function test) the doctor strongly warned of alcohol but the craving was such that I could not drop it. I feel a lot better now and I go to Gym and eat normally. I still think it is a throat infection or an inflated vein..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah it definitely could be, but you should probably get yourself checked over.

Congrats on being able to control the cravings, eating healthier and going to the gym. Have you considered stopping for longer than 30 days? Only asking because I told myself I'd quit for a month on previous attempts at quitting and after that month my drinking was just worst.

Hope your throat is better soon.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Please see a doctor.

blood is a sign that something is not right.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, you need to see a doctor immediately. It could be your esaphagal verices whcih is very serious. I had a friend die from it.

We're not allowed to give medical advice here, but DO see a doctor. I can't emphasize that enough.

Go, and let us know how it comes out.